Manager, Customer & Competitor Insights – United States Home-based (28667)
Requisition ID: 28667
United States – United States Home office
Marketing & Sales
At-will Full Time
DSM Bright Science. Brighter Living.
Royal DSM is a purpose-led global science-based company in Nutrition, Health and Sustainable Living. DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders. DSM delivers innovative business solutions for human nutrition, animal nutrition, personal care and aroma, medical devices, green products and applications, and new mobility and connectivity. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about 10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam.
Would you enjoy a position that focuses on data analytics for a business segment? Interested in working for an industry leader that values safety, sustainability, and employee development? If you have strong analytical skills and experience with customer analytics and CRM systems this could be the perfect match for you!
A pioneer from the earliest days of feed additives, DSM Nutritional Products Animal Nutrition and Health (ANH) is one of the world’s leading suppliers of vitamins, carotenoids, eubiotics, and feed enzymes to the global feed industry. We are successful in this sector because we provide our customers, such as feedmills, integrators and farmers with products and solutions that help them succeed in a dynamic and ever-changing global market, enhancing both profits and environmental sustainability.
Our understanding of customers’ needs allows us to innovate constantly, providing new opportunities for the feed industry worldwide. Our products improve animal health, wellbeing and performance, while also protecting the environment.
We are committed to providing nutritional solutions for the production of quality food, while ensuring the health and welfare of the animals that produce it.
We are looking for a Manager Customer and Competitor Insights to monitor and anticipate the business environment to enable business unit management to make informed, insights-based decisions in strategy definition and implementation based on an outside in perspective.
This is a US home-based position with geographic preference for the Southeast US.
Manager Customer and Competitor Insights (CCI) will operate in a highly-competitive and fast-paced marketplace. In this environment, developing and executing marketing and sales strategies that enable business goals and differentiate DSM from others in the industry. The position will develop a high level of understanding and familiarity with the NA AH&N customer base, including brands/strategies by species to enable strategic marketing plans and initiatives.
We seek to become a valued strategic partner with customers to help them drive their business and this position is instrumental in our ability to achieve this.
In the role of Manager Customer and Competitor Insights, you will:
- Identify market opportunities to support the sales and marketing departments in finding new ways to attract new customers, maximize value of existing customers, and retain the most profitable ones
- build and maintain a network of external CCI resources to be kept abreast of all pertinent best and new practices
- Support the campaign target setting process and measure the impact of campaigns and reporting to marketing and NA management
- Work with cross-functional teams, required to gather, document, and approve business requirements for data analysis and reporting projects, as well as use CCI and database tools to develop reporting solutions to meet business needs
- Partner with global function owners
- Gather and provide local/regional insights to the Global CCI role for the Global role to influence on the species/market strategy definition, additionally providing these insights to regional leads to better support fact-based decision making
What we want to see in you:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 10 years of total work experience required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a market research or marketing, analysis and/or sales function required
- Experience working with a CRM system required
- Experience with data analytics required
- Strong analytical skills required
- Knowledge of animal nutrition industry a plus
- Strong customer and relationship skills
- Prior sales and/or marketing experience preferred
Working for DSM means the opportunity to really contribute to improve people’s lives and solving the challenges of today’s world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities and an inspiring environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the on-going success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance.
Procedure & Contact
Interested in this position? Please apply on-line by sending us your Resume and Cover letter in English via the career portal
Reference check procedures are part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be contacted when these references checks are required.
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.