Manager, Content Marketing at Kanopy
Manager, Content Marketing
- Full-Time in Los Angeles, CA – Remote OK – Associate – Content
Kanopy is a video streaming platform that brings people together through film. By partnering with universities and libraries, we’ve made it possible to offer free access to the world’s top film collection for millions of people. We’re growing at an incredible rate and are looking for the right Manager, Content Marketing to come and join our team as we continue to scale our efforts.
About the Role
At Kanopy, we really believe in the power of film. We are looking for the right person to help us propel both classic and modern motion pictures that spark discourse, raise awareness, and educate the world through the most accessible form of media: film.
Based either remotely or out of our offices in Irvine or San Francisco, you will provide key support to the Content Programming and Marketing teams that will increase the success of our content both on and off-platform. A passionate content consumer well versed in streaming trends and cultural moments that engage people with film and television, you will be the driving force behind the strategic execution of consumer facing content marketing, and will be a hands-on collaborator with all on-platform merchandising, programming, and curation. Your goal is to grow within and contribute to a mission-driven, entrepreneurial-minded environment, and passionately engage end users with content that sparks conversation, builds community, and promotes lifelong learning and development.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Communicate and coordinate with content providers
- Research, categorize, tag and organize content pre-publishing and on-platform to maximize title performance
- Monitor and track performance and earnings across content providers and for priority titles
- Collaborate and communicate across teams in order to best position content for multiple stakeholders
- Assist with upkeep of content management database
- Monitor and track viewing trends
- Provide updates and usage reports to stakeholders across teams
- Use provided tools to audit and improve presentation of content
- Work closely with Marketing team to create, send and track B2C communications
- Post highly-engaging content that develops brand voice and expands social media reach
- Track analytics and compile reports on progress
- 1-2 years of experience
- Extensive knowledge of film, directors, genres, movements, actors, etc.
- Good feel for and background in demographic appeal of particular films
- Knowledge and interest in academic subjects and content
- Data and revenue-driven, detail-oriented, curious, information-seeking
- Strong sense of voice
- Proven experience with Excel (building, reviewing and interpreting reports)
- Outstanding attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Excellent people skills (phone, email and in-person)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
This position can be remote or based out of our San Francisco or Irvine office. It comes with a competitive salary & benefits package, including full health coverage and 4 weeks vacation. At Kanopy, we look for focused and results driven people looking to make an impact and contribute to our growing team. Bonus points to those that have a good sense of humor, love for film, or an interest in education.
At Kanopy we celebrate the diversity of our team and emphatically believe that it is a strength of our company. It improves our culture and has a dramatic impact on our ability to understand and effectively serve the needs of our customers and end-users. Kanopy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we strongly encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply for open positions regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), ancestry, national origin, age, differently abled, marital status or Veteran status.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!