Manager, Client Care Individual Support Program at American Red Cross
Manager, Client Care Individual Support Program
time type: Full time
job requisition id: RC56941
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best.
Are you ready to be part of the world’s largest humanitarian network?
**** As a condition of employment with American Red Cross, you are required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated for COVID 19 or qualify for an exemption, except in states where it is prohibited by law. Accordingly, employment is conditioned on providing proof of vaccination or having an approved exemption prior to starting employment ****
Join usWhere your Career is a Force for Good!
As one of the nation’s premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We depend on the many generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs. At the American Red Cross, you will enjoy a collaborative work culture committed to the diversity of our people, programs, and services. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity.
We are currently seeking a Manager, Client Care Individual Support Program. This is a work-from-home position open to residents of the United States.
The CCISP Manager is a full-time, work from home remote position that serves as the primary program point of contact for the CCISP and its associated activities, services, and initiatives associated with the programs of Disaster Health Services, Disaster Mental Health, Disaster Spiritual Care, the Virtual Family Assistance Center, Disability Integration, and Casework and Recovery Planning Services.
The CCISP Manager is primarily responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of CCISP-related programs and services that address the immediate disaster-related needs of clients. This includes, but is not limited to, exercising control over staff responsible for specific functions of the CCISP (Disaster Health Services, Disaster Mental Health, Disaster Spiritual Care, the Virtual Family Assistance Center, Disability Integration, and Casework and Recovery Planning Services); developing and managing financial budget activities to fund operations and maximize efficiency; identifying and implementing strategies for program and process improvement; reviewing and approving programs and activities that ensure compliance with internal policies and best practices; overseeing and evaluating all CCISP-related doctrine, training, and job tools to provide operational support; and in coordination with internal and external stakeholders identifying, developing, and maintaining partnerships that align with the Red Cross Mission and Fundamental Principles.
For those candidates located in Connecticut and/or Colorado, the salary range for this position is: $96,000 – $104,000. Note that the American Red Cross sets salary ranges aligned to a specific geographic location in which the job or employee resides. The stated salary range in this posting is an average and may not be reflective of your individual circumstances. We will review specific salary information at the time of phone screening based upon your location
1. Plan and develop methods and procedures for implementing program activities and exercise control over staff responsible for specific functions or phases of program implementation. Review and approve programmatic activities and initiatives and ensure compliance with internal policies and industry best practices.
2. Manage, coordinate, and implement day-to-day activities and objectives of the program. Ensure consistent delivery of program activities, quality and growth of programs, and the integration of programmatic activities with other programs within the organization. Negotiate agreements and modes of operations with key partners and other stakeholders.
3. Review programmatic reports and records of activities to ensure progress is being accomplished toward specified programmatic objectives and modify methodology as required to achieve objectives. Ensure compliance with appropriate organizational policies, donor agreements, and applicable rules and regulations.
4. Develop and manage financial and budgetary activities to fund programmatic operations and maximize efficiency.
5. Identify, manage, and execute programmatic priorities and devise short and long-term strategies to support these priorities into the overall program’s business plan.
6. Work in conjunction with internal departments and external government and/or non-government agencies and partners in the development of grant procurement and/or fundraising strategies.
7. Hire, train, coach, counsel and evaluate performance of direct reports and volunteers. Develop and set individual and programmatic team goals and manage/drive change. Allocate and direct resources, including assigning work, to effectively and efficiently deliver programs and services.
8. Perform other duties as assigned to fulfill the mission of the American Red Cross.
Scope: Interpret and administer policies, process, and procedures that may affect sections and subordinate units.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and related experience required. Experience engaging and leading staff and volunteers.
- Demonstrated strategic and tactical plan development, relevant to management, operations, and workforce.
- Adept at team building and collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Familiarity with disaster response or emergency management protocols and practices preferred.
- 3 years of supervisory or management experience.
Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of Red Cross client care programs and services.
- Ability to systematically evaluate and enhance program needs and health.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and/or mentor.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in complex situations with competing priorities and interests.
- Demonstrated financial acumen.
- Develop or oversee the development of business unit, project plans, milestones, deliverables, times, resources, and budgets.
- Demonstrate analytical and decision-making skills to develop creative processes for continuous program or service improvements. Proven track record of collaboration, facilitation, and leadership.
- Demonstrated ability in creating presentations and developing doctrine and training modules.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Intermediate level proficiency with MS Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience using online webinar software for training purposes preferred.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a remote team.
- Proactively identifies and resolves problems and/or develops alternative solutions.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
Travel: Travel may be required.
* Combination of candidate’s education and general experience satisfies requirements so long as the total years equate to description’s minimum education and general experience years combined (Management experience cannot be substituted).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The work environment will consist of moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones and printers, light traffic). The employee must have the ability to work in a small cubicle and have the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
All full-time employees in the Disaster Cycle Services must be willing and able to be deployed, as needed. This position is also responsible for ensuring that all American Red Cross finance policies and procedures are followed as related to the scope of work activity. Upon employment, must be able to learn and become proficient in: American Red Cross programs and procedures, Volunteer Management, Financial Management, Cultural Competency, Emergency Management Practices, and Community & Government Partnerships.