Manager, Account Management at Hotel Engine
Manager, Account Management
Hotel Engine is the world’s largest Lodging Performance Network, established to create a richer, more rewarding business travel experience by connecting a global network of businesses and lodging partners. Our innovative travel-tech company is on an incredible growth trajectory and will continue to build on our strong foundations by bringing our customer obsession, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision we make.
In December of 2021, we closed our series B funding round with a $1.3 billion valuation, and that’s just the beginning. We expect 2022 to be our best year yet.
Working hard behind the scenes building and supporting our platform are exceptional people from our large engineering and product teams to our fast-growing sales, supplier, and member support orgs, to our data, marketing, and operations teams.
We value our individuality, and we also understand that together, we thrive. Most importantly, we know we’re not for everyone! We’re focused on finding the right people who are energized by our culture, with diverse experiences and backgrounds that will help us unlock our full potential. Complacency doesn’t live here. We’ve built a team of world-class people who really want to work with other world-class people. Click here to view our DNA, and if you like what you see, please, read on!
Hotel Engine is excited to add a Manager of Account Managers to our Sales Org! In this role you will lead, coach and empower our AM team as we scale. Our Account Managers are responsible for delivering results by driving retention, expansion and loyalty across our customer base. As a leader, you’ll use your previous expertise to empower your team to build world-class relationships with our customers, and help our customers maximize the value of the Hotel Engine platform. Most importantly, you’ll inspire your team to grow professionally, and help shape the next leaders of the Hotel Engine organization.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Hire, coach, and develop a best in class Account Management team in Denver
- Own team metrics, and drive the plan to attain and exceed, quota, retention and onboarding success
- Develop a team that embodies Hotel Engine DNA, act with ownership, bias for action and will to win!
- Partner with AMs to craft account strategy to maximize revenue within your team’s portfolio.
- Personally develop strong relationships with executive stakeholders at key accounts; play a key customer facing role in high value, high potential relationships
- Leverage data to make informed decisions about customer risk and retention; implement new and innovative approaches to increase expansion revenue
- Serve as a thought leader, customer advocate and partner to your employees and customers
- Build a creative and innovative culture, and a passion for providing an exceptional customer experience
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Sales, Project Services, Member Support, Ops and Finance to align on priorities, partner on customer needs and opportunities, and deliver increasing value over time to our customers
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 3+ years management experience leading an Account Management/Customer Success team
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in building and managing high performing AM or CSM teams in technology or high growth environment
- Demonstrated ability leading a customer facing team strong people management, performance management, coaching and development experience
- Experience owning and managing monthly and quarterly team metrics including quota and retention
- Passion for revenue growth and is able to bring ideas to help product usage and customer retention through data driven decision making
- Previous experience selling into or driving strategy, ROI, and value conversations with executive stakeholders
- Prior experience using Salesforce
- Excellent communication skills across mediums and stakeholder groups (employees, execs, customers, prospects). Outstanding listening skills are an absolute must
- A strong team player, a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth start-up environment
- A self-driven, high-energy leader with excellent cross functional collaboration skills
- The base salary range for this role starts at $90,000 – $115,000/year with an OTE potential of $130,000-$150,000/year. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise & may vary from the amount above.
- This role is eligible for remote work.
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine has been recognized on Built-in Colorado’s Best Places to Work list 3 years in a row (2020-2022) for our positive culture and robust growth opportunities.
As a company, we’re also dedicated to giving back to our greater community, and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries
- Annual performance bonuses
- Stock options for all associates + performance-based stock options
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage (with a plan available at no cost to employees) + 100% paid dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with a match program
- Unlimited PTO + 2 paid days each year to volunteer with your favorite non-profit
- Paid parental leave and family medical leave
- Hotel discounts through our exclusive platform
- The ability to make a real impact in an incredibly fast-growing organization; you’ll never be just another cog in the wheel.