Major Incident Lead at Paylocity
Major Incident Lead
Paylocity is an equal opportunity employer.
At Paylocity, we create software that makes companies – especially their HR teams – better, faster, and stronger. We give clients the tools they need to make their companies run, and give our employees a rewarding company culture – all putting us in a category of our own. Join us and learn what makes us unique!
We’re a fast-growing company ready to revolutionize the payroll and HR world for hundreds of thousands of businesses by delivering innovative technology and support. We seek the best and brightest to help us create the future of our talent solutions – enabling our customers to better develop their employees. Our own employees are equally important to us: We work hard to provide the best work environment for our employees, and are dedicated to giving back to the communities in which we live and work.
The Incident Leader is a critical role in our Technology organization. This key role helps to improve our overall client experience by refining processes to improve incident resolution time. This position acts as the point person during outages and degradation within our environment.
This position requires exceptional communication skills, a commitment to exceptional results and a passion for continuous improvement.
Are you the teammate we are looking for?
Who you are:
- Possess a strong passion for continuous improvement through developing automated solutions and repeatable processes
- A superior communicator with an affinity for clarity
- Passionate about quality and controls
- Unflinching in your desire for production stability
How we work:
- Small, self-sufficient product-oriented teams with an entrepreneurial spirit organized into categories
- Dedicated Tech Delivery and Enablement experts committed to cutting-edge infrastructure and developer tools
- Casual, collaborative, agile environment which embraces and operates under our shared principles
- Complete transparency with open, honest discussions about our progress
- Close working relationship between executive stakeholders, product teams, and operational focused teams
What we offer:
- Lean enabling process that focuses on putting our product teams in the best position to succeed
- A commitment to investing in our products, hiring the best talent, and giving them the chance to meaningfully contribute to a vast market opportunity
- A subscription to an Online Training Forum for all technology colleagues
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of experience in leading complex technology incidents, preferably in a SaaS based environment
- Ability to effectively communicate details of complex issues to stakeholders, business and technical users.
- Analytical skills, with the ability to identify themes within data and make data driven decisions
- Experience working with ITIL principles
- Demonstrated high-level understanding of enterprise software and networking concepts including SaaS technologies, and SDLC.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead under pressure, make decisions in ambiguous situations, and drive cross group consensus in short periods.
During the last three months, you would have
- Acted as the incident commander during major incidents.
- Helped implement an updated paging solution for incident management
- Identified gaps in our incident process and helped implement solutions to fill those gaps
- Create and present monthly performance metrics to technology leadership
- Build and refine run books related to technical issues
- Working with relevant teams, driving to root cause and ensuring corrective actions are identified and implemented.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!