Mainframe Programmer Specialist
- Job ID #: JR79877
- Functional Area: Information Technology
- Position Type: Full-Time Regular
- Experience Desired: Substantial Experience
- Education Desired: Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- Primary Location: Remote – Anywhere In USA
- Travel Percentage: 0.00
- Relocation Provided: No
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
We support and process the core financial accounting systems for one of the nation’s largest banks. We engage with our client daily to understand their business and technology needs and find creative solutions to deliver premium and customized products and services tailored to meet both their and their customer’s needs.
What you will be doing
You will be collaborating with a team of talented Business Analysts and Programmer Analysts to support our client’s core banking platform in both production and development environments. You will develop and test creative solutions to meet functional requirements.
- Provides application software development services or technical support in a mainframe batch and CICS online environment.
- Analyzes requirements, translates business requirements into product designs, develops COBOL code, tests, debugs, documents, and implements changes into software applications.
- Writes technical specifications and other forms of documentation.
- May provide assistance and/or guidance to other technical professionals
What you bring
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience
- Experience developing with COBOL in mainframe batch and CICS online environments
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Excellent problem-solving, team and time management skills
Added bonus if you have
- Experience with PEP+ (mainframe version), XAA Account Analysis, and/or DB2 in a mainframe environment
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development
What we offer you
- A competitive salary and benefits
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow