Full-time Magento Developer
Shero, a full-service eCommerce agency based in NY is looking for a senior Magento Engineer who gets excited about solving varied and complex technical problems.
With offices in New York, London, and Tirana, we have an international team of eCommerce experts from around the world.
The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of the Magento platform, AWS, and have proven experience of past work and results.
- Proven experience working with both Agile and waterfall development processes
- Have a deep understanding of eCommerce processes and best practices
- Minimum of 3 years of PHP / MySQL / Magento 1 development experience within a digital agency
- Experience working with Magento 2
- Working with multiple linux-based web server configurations
- Experience in working with a support desk team and associated processes
- Providing support on a 2nd / 3rd level basis
- Knowledge of development best practices including git, docker, unit testing and CI
- Experience with caching systems e.g memcache, redis, varnish..
- Magento, PHP, MySQL, Apache, Software architecture and best practices
- Ability to share knowledge and work well within a team
- Identify issues/errors and performance bottlenecks and provide suitable solutions
- Find ways to continually make improvements to development processes and lifecycle
- Have a solution-based thought process
- Use of XDebug to resolve code issues
- Magento 2: building custom solutions both Frontend and Backend
- Profiling, Stress testing and performance tuning
- Unit testing with PHP
- Magento certified
- Experience working with Jira and the Atlassian suite
- Experience working with a distributed team
- Experience working with other common CMS and Frameworks (e.g Shopify, WordPress, Drupal etc)
- AWS Cloud Hosting (EC2/RDS)
Why join our team:
- Growth Opportunities
- Ability to work remotely
- Company Mac Book
- Work with some of the best Magento engineers in the world
This position is a remote, full-time position. The candidate must have Magento 1 and preferably Magento 2 development experience. We offer a competitive salary. Compensation is negotiable and based on experience and your location.
We are looking for someone who is responsible, ambitious, has high goals for themselves, is a good communicator, and proactive in their learning. The position is open immediately. We offer a competitive salary (paid sick leave, paid personal leave, paid holidays, 401K for US candidates etc).