Long Term Care Legal Nurse Consultant at EK Health Services
Long Term Care Legal Nurse Consultant (contract)
- Fully Remote Remote – Work From Home
A Legal Nurse Consultant uses medical expertise to consult with and advise attorneys and other legal/insurance professionals on injury cases. S/He analyzes complex medical information and renders an informed and objective opinion regarding medical-legal matters. Long-term care and/or rehabilitation nursing experience is highly preferred.
This position will be with Expert Exams.
Expert Exams specializes in Independent Medical Exam (IME) services, Medical/Legal Nurse Reviews, Diagnostic Film Reviews and other Medical-Legal services for the insurance industry.
We provide services for Liability, Workers’ Compensation, Auto, Occupational Accident, personal injury and disability claims, covering all 50 states.
Work Specifics: Per Diem, Contract
- Review and summarize medical records, communicating essential highlights and important details efficiently and effectively to appropriate parties
- Prepare chronologies and timelines based on medical records
- Be objective and honest in evaluating the facts of the case
- Research and cite medical resources/ professional literature related to the case
- Act as an expert witness, giving own testimony in trials, depositions, hearings, and arbitration as needed
- Professional interaction with staff, members of the medical community, and all customers; both in oral and written forms
- All work is done within the scope of practice for a Registered Nurse
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 5 years continuous experience as a legal nurse consultant
- Experience in Liability Insurance, to include General Liability, Auto, Medical Malpractice, and Negligence; must have strong knowledge of Federal and state standards of care for skilled care and long term care facilities.
- Long-term care and/or rehabilitation nursing experience is highly preferred.
- Certification as LNC or LNCC is required
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Valid RN license in good standing with no restrictions
- Possesses and can demonstrate the professional and technical skills of a Registered Nurse
- Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Strong Organization Skills
- High comfort level with computers and computer programs (MS Word, MS Excel, Email)
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to meet deadlines in a high pressure, time sensitive environment
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs
- Sit (approx. 50-75% of the time), stand (approx. 25-50% of the time), type (25-50% of the time) and do the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
EK Health Services has built a reputation for offering superior, goal-oriented Workers’ Compensation case management, utilization review, and bill review services. Our emphasis on medical excellence, superior service, impartial reporting, and case resolution is the driving force behind our consistent annual growth. We are excited about expanding our footprint across the United States as we continue to seek opportunities to Transform Managed Care.
Employees are provided with competitive compensation and benefits, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, PTO, and 401k. Please visit our website for more information at www.ekhealth.com.
EK is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions on the basis of merit. EK does not practice, tolerate, or condone unlawful discrimination based on any protected status or the perception of such status.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!