Localization Vendor Manager at Globalme Localization
Localization Vendor Manager
This job can be a full or a part time
Are you looking to work alongside a team of fun, creative and passionate people who love their jobs and enjoy autonomy in the workplace?
Globalme is a unique work environment and might not necessarily be for everyone. If you consider yourself someone who always tries to find excuses for why something is not working or cannot be done, or are satisfied with delivering average quality work, then Globalme is not the workplace for you. But if you have a big brain and would like to put it to good use then we urge you to apply.
We now have an opening for vendor manager. It can be a part time or a full time position, that can be performed onsite or remotely.
Our environment is very fast-paced with constantly changing priorities and continuous opportunities to learn more. You must be able to quickly change proprieties and be able to deal with ambiguity.
- Recruit team members for our speech and data collection projects in Canada and abroad
- Build a team of professional transcribers around the world and manage the work to make sure it meets client’s expectations.
- Recruit translators and QA testers, perform interviews and execute assessment tests.
- Build programs for our freelance workers that will help to increase their engagement and increase quality of their work.
- Get to know each of our linguists and QA – collect feedback on their work and assign them to projects.
- Run vendor management initiatives and process improvements.
- Over more junior team members as needed.
- Keep track of vacation requests.
- Recruit/schedule new project participants.
- Manage community of our freelancers.
- Provide project support to other team members.
- Assist directly to executive team.
- Track quality metrics.
- Negotiate rates and review contracts.
This job may require occasional travel to Canada.
- have at least two years of vendor management experience in the localization field
- have at least 5 years of work experience
- strong negotiation skills
- have ability to think strategically and critically
- have excellent people skills
- have extreme attention to details
- very resourceful – you can find your ways around and make things happen
- are very, very organized
- can speak at least one foreign language
- are a good person in heart
- are culturally sensitive
- have a passion for new technologies and gadgets
- feel very comfortable with computers, familiar with shortcuts and different tricks that make you more efficient
- can communicate very well and express your ideas clearly in English – verbally and in writing
- don’t like to wait to be told what to do next
- are very proactive, you can think ahead of everyone else
- can manage few tasks at once
- are an achiever and hard worker and you can prove it
- are a people person – you can connect well with different types of people
- have a head full of ideas
- strive for continuous improvement and learning
- are fast and efficient
- are full of energy
A plus …
- A background or interest in HR
- Previous translation or localization experience
- Previous vendor management experience
What we offer …
- A fun, exciting and engaging work environment
- Active Professional Development – we strongly believe in developing our team. You will receive a support in developing your skills through workshops, conferences, books or any other events that help your professional growth
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!