Localization QA Coordinator at Welocalize
Localization QA Coordinator
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
TRANSLATION, LOCALIZATION, INTERPRETATION, QA TESTING ON-SITE/PROJECT-BASED
As a Localization QA Coordinator, you will collaborate with internal and external partners to ensure high quality localized content and products for our end users. This role requires the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to work autonomously. You will also need to successfully work with technical and non-technical people alike, and be able to learn new tools, processes, and concepts.
- Own all aspects of production for all LQA testing projects.
- Act as a key point of contact for all QA aspects of international releases, providing and executing solid test plans and acting on results.
- Communicate with diverse teams, with both experts and novices, in technical and non-technical roles.
- Diagnose product and process defects – track them from discovery to resolution.
- Communicate to International Expansion Lead, using Jira dashboard and regular statuses regarding triage, prioritization, and bug resolution progress.
- Manage LQA vendor relationship and production processes.
- Respond to all requests from team members in a timely, professional manner.
- As bandwidth permits, evolve LQA processes to ensure Dropbox is using industry-accepted best practices.
Job Skills & Requirements
- 3+ years’ experience in the software quality field including prior hands-on quality engineering experience.
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing test cases, scripts, plans, and procedures to support various development methodologies.
- Familiarity with the software development life cycle and test cycles (Unit, Regression, Functional, Systems, Stress & Scale, Smoke & Sanity).
- Experience coordinating with external QA resources.
- Detailed and effective written communication skills for documenting the features tested and bugs found.
- Understanding of existing QA best practices and methodologies to design, implement and automate processes.
- Prior success using a metrics-driven approach and closed-loop feedback to improve software deliverables and improve predictability and reliability of releases.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, extremely responsive, and able to prioritize a large number of tasks.
- Self-motivated, work well independently and with others.
- Interest and background in translation, internationalization, localization, and international markets
- Experience with i18n libraries in any programming language.
- Knowledge of international standards like Unicode, CLDR, and ICU.
- Native-level fluency skills in one or more foreign languages.
- A track record of shipping products.