Loan Coordinator – Remote
Home Point Financial Corporation (HPFC) is a rising star in the financial services industry. At Home Point, we created a culture that encourages community, caring and open communication. We want our associates to speak up, become innovators and make impactful changes no matter what position they hold within the company. What makes our team special? Our We Care approach in all that we do. At HPFC we collaborate, question the norm, reinvent and help each other succeed. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to develop your career, then we have a great opportunity for you!
The Loan Coordinator will facilitate a file from time of submission through closing. This position will establish a relationship with an assigned loan pipeline to provide a single point of contact for Operations. This position will proactively assist clients in meeting outstanding conditions, underwriting conditions, compliance needs and provide customer service to clients.
- Monitor a pipeline of active loans as specified by management submitted by clients
- Proactively manage target closing dates. Upon an underwriting conditional approval decision, communicate and work with client to understand and upload underwriting conditions on suspended or approved loans
- Review conditions received for accuracy, making notes in file for the Underwriter
- Collect/review contractor acceptance packet from the client (to include Fraud Guard, HOCA or Const.Contract & Const. Loan Agreement)
- Complete back-office pre-closing functions for Wholesale including, but not limited to: review of closing protection letter, homeowner insurance policy, title commitment, lock reconciliation, review and reconciliation of most recent GFE, receipt and review of Closing Request Form and preliminary HUD 1, validation of accuracy of tax escrows, and verification of closing date and time with the settlement agent
- Complete verbal Verification of Employment within ten days of closing
- Other activities may include: Complete Undisclosed Debt Monitoring and update 1003, LT/1008, re-run final DU/LP, verify HPML and QM, run Loan Scorecard, Early Check, LQA, ULDD, validate Special Feature Code, validate LDP/GSA/CAIVR
- Review images in Home Point’s imaging system and eliminate duplicates. Make corrections as needed
- Perform all other duties as requested or assigned
- High school diploma required; college degree preferred
- Experience in customer service in a high-volume setting
- Three to five years combined mortgage experience in processing, closing or underwriting