Live Operations Manager at Highrise Virtual World
Live Operations Manager (Game Design)
Highrise is a mobile game and community that generates meaningful human connections on a massive scale. In Highrise, people can make avatars, design art and environments and meet new friends. We are building on the spirit of applications like Animal Crossing, The Sims, Minecraft, Habbo Hotel and Second Life.
Over 3 million people create avatars, chat and make friends in Highrise. We are a fully remote team of 25 backed by YCombinator, Bessemer, Maveron and other leading investors.
About the Role
Do you love games, online communities and/or social media? Do you want to help create content for millions of users? Do you want to join a fast-growing mobile application that sits at the intersection of gaming and social media?
If you answered yes to all of the above, you should join our fast-growing team at Highrise!
We’re looking for someone to take over the entirety of Live Operations at Highrise. This is a hugely important role that interfaces with all teams in the company: Product, Art, Engineering, Support and Community. As a core member of the product team, you’ll coordinate new events and content in the Highrise world while coming up with wild new ideas to entertain our fast-growing audience.
As Live Ops Manager, you will…
- Work closely with the Art team to establish weekly event ideas and goals.
- Empower team members to invent new, engaging forms of content inside Highrise.
- Create high frequency, aggressive schedules for on-going content.
- Coordinate and support content creation efforts across all disciplines to meet release deadlines.
- Implement assets and supporting data for live content.
- Organize testing efforts for live content.
- Be excited to serve our players and offer them exciting new experiences!
The core values that we are looking for are…
- Hard-working: You have an “above and beyond” work ethic driven by a desire to grow and succeed.
- Player-centric: You care deeply about our users and want to make the best possible game for them.
- Takes Ownership: You take ownership over your role/task and define your own goals and objectives.
- Reliable: You are willing to be available when needed, sometimes at odd times and especially in moments of crisis.
- Highly Organized: You will be juggling lots of different assets and data, which requires airtight organization.
- Good with Data: You have strong competency with excel/sheets, JSON and any other data-related formats.
- Analytical: You can diagnose event performance and find ways to improve game design and events in Highrise.
- Creative: You can come up with event ideas using building blocks established by the mechanics in Highrise.
To be successful in this role, we’d expect you to…
- Have 3+ years’ experience managing product or content deadlines.
- Have 3+ years’ experience designing games, events or product features.
- Be an excellent English writer.
- Communicate honestly and effectively with people across the entire company.
- Go out of your way to help the team and others.
- Be able to work well remotely, including managing your own schedule effectively.
Within 3 months, you’ll…
- Set up all events and live content in Highrise.
- Meet with Art and Product teams weekly to plan new content.
- Contribute to product idea and feature discussions.
- Actively communicate with users via our app and Discord.
- Establish a strong presence in the Highrise community.
Within 6 months, you’ll…
- Easily set up all events and live content in Highrise, possibly outsourcing this work.
- Regularly tune and improve events in Highrise.
- Come up with new event ideas using the building blocks available to you.
- Help the Support and Community teams accomplish their work.
- Meaningfully contribute to Product discussions to come up with features that move the app forward.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!