Litigation Specialist at Selective Insurance
Litigation Claims Specialist
- US Remote
- Job Category: CLAIMS
- Requisition Number: LITIG03397
- Locations Remote- USA United States
A new job is a big decision. Don’t work just anywhere. Be Selective!
Selective is a midsized U.S. domestic property and casualty insurance company with a history of strong financial performance for over 95 years. Focused on exceptional employee and customer experience, we are frequently recognized for awards and honors, including being named to Forbes’ 2021 Best Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance list.
We genuinely care about each other, our customers, and the communities in which we operate. Our leaders actively champion career development and invite us to voice unique ideas and diverse perspectives. If that sounds appealing, we think you would feel inspired on our team to achieve and be rewarded for extraordinary results.
Selective Insurance is seeking a Litigation Claims Specialist – this is a remote position.
Must have expertise in commercial and personal lines, as well as coverage, contractual and legal issues. Develop and execute litigation strategy, and manage the activities of assigned defense counsel to ensure cost effective resolution of litigated claims and may also involve the handling of non-litigated cases that are more complex. The individual in this position will also ensure claims are processed within company policies, procedures, and individual’s prescribed authority with exceptional standards of performance. All job duties and responsibilities must be carried out in compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- Investigate litigated claims through telephone, written correspondence, and/or personal contact with claimants, attorneys, insureds, witnesses and others having pertinent information. Attend depositions, mediations and trials as needed.
- Analyze information, including depositions, expert reports, attorney evaluations, and medical reports, gained from discovery during litigation in order to evaluate assigned claims to determine the extent of loss, taking into consideration contributory or comparative negligence. Assign medical or other experts to case and arrange for medical examinations
- Investigate coverage and draft tenders, responses to tenders, and coverage letters.
- Process incoming calls and correspondence from insureds, claimants and agents regarding questions or problems associated with claims. Interact with underwriters and agents on claim resolution.
- Evaluate, negotiate and settle litigated claims within delegated authority. Handle litigation files from start to finish.
- Update MCS on a continual basis to accurately reflect status of each assigned file and do a full liability analysis.
- Receive and approve expenses incurred to investigate, process, and handle a claim.
- Prepare check requisitions for all loss and expense payments.
- Explore salvage and subrogation potential on all claims.
- Prepare for and participate in claims review and settlement conferences.
- Close claim by issuing check or denial and securing appropriate releases.
- College degree preferred.
- Minimum 7 years general liability claims handling experience
- Minimum 5 years experience handling litigation.
- Excess Surplus experience is a plus but not necessary.
- CPCU designation/course work, Senior Claims Law course work, or other industry training/designations preferred.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!