Linux Server Administrator/B3 Analyst (Telecommute)
Delivery – Herndon, Virginia
B3 Group, Inc. is a fast-growing Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) certified health IT firm providing end-to-end technology support services to the federal government and enterprise customers. Our values-driven team of business, IT and management professionals blend innovation and client-first thinking to deliver sustainable solutions for better healthcare outcomes. Established in 2008 and located in Herndon, Virginia, B3 Group is founded on the principles of servant leadership. Those principles are reflected in every aspect of our operations.
B3 Group Inc is looking for a talented Linux Server Administrator/B3 Analyst to provide hands-on management of Linux RedHat Virtual Machines and associated resources within an AWS Cloud environment. This is a hands-on role responsible for the creation and ongoing maintenance of Linux RedHat Virtual Machines in support of a web application. The candidate will need experience working within a Cloud environment preferably AWS to guide a project migrating to the Cloud from an on-premises data center. The qualified candidate will demonstrate the ability to work with developers, Architects, and various geographically dispersed teams.
Telecommute may be considered.
- Provide hands-on virtual machine administration in AWS across Development, Stage, and Production environments.
- Perform Linux server administration including OS, patches, update dependencies, user creation, create and execute scripts.
- Work with the AWS Console to create and manage VM and associated resources. Perform server hardening activities.
- Ensure Virtual Machines meet client networking and vulnerability standards. Recommend and implement best practices for server maintenance.
- Access VMs via a jumpbox using Reflection Workspace.
- Create, manage and acquire certificates. Collaborate with teams to configure and register DNS. Collaborate with other teams to provide resource inventory.
- Manage EC2 across Development, PreProduction, Production environments.
- Perform backup and recovery of Linux EC2.
- Collaborate with other teams to identify and create capacity and configuration needs.
- Troubleshoot issues as they arise including configuration and performance issues.
- Configure AWS security groups as needed. Capture EC2 images as required.
- Monitor reporting/alarming tools, KPIs, look for issues, errors, inconsistencies, anomalies, etc. to ensure nominal system health.
- Contribute to and Author documentation pertaining to Servers as needed.
As a B3 Analyst, you will effectively understand project data to create overall assessment while considering functional benefits, technical performance, risks, and schedule concerns. They will be able to identify trends and errors. They will be able to review data and have strong report writing skills. The Analyst will work with customers, users and project leads in analyzing, designing, implementing and supporting IT business applications and systems. A B3 Analyst will demonstrate pro-activeness, an eagerness to learn, good attitude, and collaboration.
In order to be successful in this position, we expect you to have the following knowledge, skills, and abilities;
- Bachelor’s Degree required. In lieu of degree, 8 additional years of experience will be considered.
- At least 5+ years of experience in LINUX system administration, preferably within DoD contractor environment.
- At least 3+ years of Unix/Linux Shell scripting, Bash, Perl, Python and other languages.
- Experience with centralized authentication technologies such as Active Directory domains in supporting Linux is desirable.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal skills and ability to clearly articulate ideas, analysis, issues to team, stakeholders, and management.
- Network\Firewall configuration.
- Secure client communications – SSL, XWin, VNC, SAMBA. Installed and upgraded patches, firmware, MP, GSP, BIOS and security.
- Experience supporting HTTP, FTP.
- Strong aptitude to learn and adapt to technology.
- Ability to adapt well to diverse environments and ability to communicate clearly with all levels in an organization.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain public trust clearance.
- Demonstrated experience in the use Agile methodology and processes.
- Experience supporting DoD, Department of Veterans Affairs or other federal organizations.
- Familiarity with Automation.
- AWS Administration skills.
- Windows Experience.
- Jenkins experience.
Successful B3 Group employees will display the following characteristics:
- You strive to be an expert in your field currently and in the future.
- You take care in learning your customer’s business and drivers in order to ensure solutions meet not only technical needs, but also support their mission properly in a way that meeting their client’s mission.
- You like to make your client look good.
- You find solutions, where others only see problems.
- You are proactive, you make and meet commitments, and you perform your duties exceedingly well.
- You are aware of the client’s needs at all times and are well-versed in what both your team and B3 Group can offer them as a whole.
- You have the ability to work with diverse, integrated, deliverable-driven teams to accomplish the larger mission.
Our reputation is built upon the talents and integrity of our employees. We value the contributions of each and every person who is a member of our organization. We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package to include the following:
- Paid Federal Holidays
- Paid Time off
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) plan with contribution match
- Professional Development Assistance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Referral Program
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Short (STD) and Long-Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Performance Bonuses
B3 Group, Inc. does not discriminate in employment opportunities, terms and conditions of employment, or practices on the basis of race, age, gender, religious or political beliefs, national origin or heritage, disability, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected by law.
Location: Herndon, Virginia
Employment Type: Full time
Minimum Experience: Mid-level