Licensing Manager at Zedge
Licensing Manager, Zedge
- United States
This role is focused on expanding and improving the catalog of licensed content in Zedge’s mobile apps: our Ringtones and Wallpapers personalization app, our Shortz chat fiction app, and any other apps we may develop.
For our Ringtones and Wallpapers app, this means identifying likely sources of visual and audio artists who promise to be successful on our platform and devising campaigns to recruit them. For Shortz, it means recruiting new writers, developing stories from pitch through publication, and aligning them with the product’s target demographic. For both, it means conducting regular analysis of content performance, and using those insights to drive Zedge’s overall content licensing and promotion strategy.
The ideal candidate needs to have a proven track record developing entertainment content, whether for television, movies, or digital services. You will bridge the creative and business worlds as you draw the best out of artists, while matching what they create to the needs of our users based on combining data and artistic know-how.
Strong analytical and communications skills are key. No need to apply unless you are highly motivated, prepared to take responsibility and make a difference!
- Recruiting new writers according to budget
- Recruiting new licensors according to budget
- Handling all contracts
- Receiving and evaluating pitches
- Working with writers to revise scripts prior to publication
- Analyzing content performance and providing licensors with the data and insights they need to create content our audience finds compelling
- Collaborating with designers on content promotions
- Maintaining an editorial calendar
- Monitoring competitive activity and identifying customer needs
- Ensuring that Shortz content is viable as written prose, podcasts and video delivery
- 5+ years of relevant writing/editing experience
- Ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Experience within a creative agency or a media production company a huge plus
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!