Licensed Mental Health Specialist at BetterHelp
Licensed Mental Health Therapist
Job Estimated Rate
- $30 – $70 per hour
- $50,000 – $100,000 per year
Job Type: Contract
- 3+ years
- Master’s (Required)
- Full Independent Clinical: LCSW, LPC, LMFT, Psychologist, LMHC
Full Job Description
Private practice with no doors and no overhead. Join the world’s largest online counseling platform. Put simply: You provide the clinical expertise, we take care of everything else. And we mean everything else.
- Consistent referrals: Full clinical caseload can be established within the first 30 days.
- Zero overhead: No fees are collected from the counselor, ever.
- Flexible schedule: You are always in control of your schedule and appointment times. BetterHelp can be your major source of income (“full time”) or a supplement to your current work.
- Engaged clients: You are connected with clients who fit your specific areas of expertise. Then, BetterHelp provides clients with a wide variety of ways to connect with you so that they can best start their therapeutic journey: from scheduled live sessions, to shared journal entries, to audio and video messages, to clinical worksheets, to formal goal setting and tracking, and more.
- Autonomy over clinical decisions: You are the licensed and trained clinician. BetterHelp will defer to your clinical judgment and expertise about the most effective and clinically appropriate approach for each client.
- Personalized marketing: You will have your own website and profile that is optimized for you based on your location, expertise, and availability.
- Resources to keep you connected: BetterHelp has a strong and accessible peer community of over 13,000 therapists, available to you directly through the platform.
- Resources to support you: Counselors on the BetterHelp platform receive a free BetterHelp account so you can dedicate time to your own self-care!
Who Should Apply:
- Counselors looking for an easy, all-in-one technology platform for telehealth.
- Counselors who want to focus 100% on clinical work not on acquiring clients, billing, support, or operations. (We handle all of that!)
- Counselors who want a feature-rich platform that is constantly adding new clinical tools not just video conferencing software.
- Counselors who want the opportunity to work with specific populations or presenting concerns.
- Counselors who do not want to work directly with insurance, Medicare, or Medicaid.
- Counselors who are obsessed with privacy and confidentiality, and want a state-of-the-art technology platform with secure, encrypted phone, video, and text-based communication.
- Counselors must be fully licensed by a State Board to provide counseling independently and without supervision (e.g., LCSW, LPC, LMFT, PsyD or similar credentials). NOTE: Unfortunately, if you are an intern or if you require supervision to provide counseling services, you cannot be a provider on BetterHelp at this time. Also, we are unable to accept substance abuse counselors, school counselors, registered nurses, career counselors, Christian counselors, and business coaches (unless they have an additional license as a mental health counselor).
- Experience counseling adults, couples, and/or teens.
- A private environment for conducting sessions.
- Excellent written communication.
- Must have professional liability insurance.
- Must pass a background check.
- Reliable Internet connection.
- Currently residing in the US. Advantages (not mandatory but great to have):
- 20 or more client hours per week preferred.
- Counselors who have experience providing telehealth services. Note: Counselors are independent providers, not BetterHelp employees.
$30 – $70 per hour
$50,000 – $100,000 per year (based on 20+ hours per week)
Job Type: Contract
Education: Doctorate Masters (Required)
Years of Work Experience: 3 + years
Work Schedule: Flexible Schedule
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!