Legal Operations Specialist
Learning & Organizational Development
National, United States
Who We Are
Goodway Group is the programmatic partner agencies and advertisers trust to drive campaign performance and media efficiency. Proud to be completely independently owned and operated, Goodway provides programmatic expertise that meets its clients’ needs – and no one else’s. Through managed planning and buying services across all paid digital media, Goodway delivers trustworthy marketing expertise and authentic results because Goodway knows the truth is what matters most.
What You’ll Do
As Legal Operations Specialist, you will serve as the company’s go-to, internal legal resource. In this role, you will respond to all internal legal requests, partner with outside legal counsel to resolve issues, and manage contract review process from beginning to end. The list of job duties below is not exhaustive; we might need your amazing skill set for other tasks, projects, and initiatives:
- Respond to internal Legal requests and research legal inquiries in order to respond accordingly.
- Escalate complex legal and factual issues to appropriate internal resources or outside legal counsel.
- Help manage time-frames and priorities for internal and external requests.
- Assist with developing and implementing contract lifecycle database.
- Understand common contract provisions and recognize and flag potential legal issues and risks in contracts.
- Manage contracting process from in-take to execution. Drive legal efficiency by leveraging the right resources for the right matters, including using external counsel, and technology or service providers as appropriate.
Reporting and Analysis
- Work with Finance to identify spending trends, potential cost savings, and efficiency opportunities.
- Collect and analyze relevant data, define objectives to provide metrics that drive efficiencies, improve performance, and optimize spend. Create a long-term strategy, aligning yearly goals and corresponding metrics.
- Coordinate with project and product managers for drafting written reports to department stakeholders.
- Maintain and organize contracts and legal documents, legal FAQs, templates, contract clause database, and training library.
- Work collaboratively across the company to determine, document, and communicate best practices and benchmarks for process standards.
- Develop workflows and processes to ensure the company is in compliance with all applicable regulations, follows appropriate procedures, and to streamline how we function.
- Develop legal training materials. Deliver training and guidance to employees on practices and procedures for interactions with Legal.
- Perform administrative tasks relating to document maintenance, tracking metrics, scanning documents, and meeting attendance.
What We Offer
We provide a world-class total rewards program that includes market-competitive pay, rich healthcare and other benefits (our family leave policy is out of this world), employee development opportunities, and a strong virtual work culture.
You’ll Be Successful Because You Are
- Knowledgeable: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training
- Seasoned: 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Business-minded with a strong understanding of the core business and an ability to translate the needs of Goodway into legal requirements since this role will heavily influence operations, efficiency, and how external counsel interacts with vendors, clients, and internal employees.
- A Great Collaborator: you have a proven track record of collaborating with cross-functional groups
- Skilled with Gift of Gab: you have great communication skills with an ability to manage outside law counsel performance
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and successfully manage multiple deadlines and priorities.