Legal Operations Manager at Delta Dental
Legal Operations Manager
- LEGAL & POLICY
At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other’s strengths and sharing in successes.
The Legal Operations Manager is a strategic leader who drives innovation in the Legal Department. Through and with a team of Legal Operations professionals, this position identifies, designs, implements, and reinforces the processes and systems that allow the Legal team to run smoothly and provide stellar service to our internal and external customers. The Legal Operations Manager manages the Legal Department’s finances, vendors/outside counsel spend and rate tracking, technology solutions, and projects, and helps build Legal Department strategy, structure and culture.
How you will make an impact:
- Through a team of Legal Operations professionals, identify and implement solutions to streamline operations of the Legal Department, including the management of design, rollout, and training for new or refined tools, systems, processes, and workflow.
- Lead the Legal Operations team in defining and enforcing processes and policies to manage outside counsel budget, usage, and spend; in doing so, work proactively with the Finance and Accounting teams.
- Responsible for the design, tracking, and reporting on Legal Department metrics to inform decision making and support senior leadership in developing operational strategies and best practices.
- Facilitate and drive cross-functional relationships (such as with Technology, Finance, Human Resources, Sales, and Risk, Ethics and Compliance), providing overall leadership, direction and cohesiveness for Legal Department projects and stakeholder management.
- Support the Legal Department in long-term projects that improve performance and efficiencies, such as template creation, playbooks, self-service tools, creation and delivery of Company-wide trainings, etc.
- Manage plans or initiatives to make the Legal Department more efficient, as delegated by the Vice President.
- Manage a team of Legal Operations professionals, providing guidance, coaching and mentoring to ensure their continued growth within legal operations and support of the department.
- Responsible for assessing the Legal Department’s workflow and performance, as well as overall client satisfaction, and identifying procedures to increase overall efficiency and effectiveness.
- Translate ideas, strategies, and best practices to results by developing and executing on action plans, and project / program managing in areas such as collaboration and knowledge sharing across the Legal Division.
- Build and maintain the Legal Department dashboarding and reporting on key metrics to provide inside to legal leadership and enterprise leaders.
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
What we look for:
- 8+ years of related experience including 1+ years of supervisory/management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or information technology or equivalent combination of education and professional experience.
- 3-4 years with an existing legal operations function, building or running more mature legal operations capabilities.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills, with detail orientation.
- Strong people leadership skillsets, including the ability to drive toward outcomes through a team and develop a high performing team.
- Demonstrated learning orientation and curious mindset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to learn enterprise programs, policies and procedures and find solutions within the parameters of the enterprise.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information/documents.
- Proficiency in organizing complex projects through a team with a problem solving orientation.
- Strong collaboration skills to proactively and independently bring stakeholders together to focus on a goal.
- Excellent change management skills and ability to bring people along as a part of the change process.
- Determination to drive to results in a highly iterative environment.
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 12 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 100% paid vision insurance
- Employee well-being program
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
Please note, Delta Dental will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
At Delta Dental we:
Promote accountability, integrity and collaboration: Our employees are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
Foster professional development: Our employees take ownership of developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying learning opportunities.
Value customers and cultivate positive experiences: Our employees take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
ABOUT Delta Dental
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits provider. Our vision is to motivate and empower every employee so we’re all inspired to take exceptional care of our customers, providers and each other. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other classification protected by federal or state law. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be provided if selected for hire.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!