Legal Counsel at IOV Labs
Title: Legal Counsel
Location: Work from Anywhere
About IOV Labs
IOV Labs is on a mission to provide the next generation of fintech innovators with the decentralised tools and technology to build a new global economy.
IOV Labs develops, promotes, and supports the RSK Blockchain, a Bitcoin merge-mined smart contract platform – the most secure smart contract platform in the world. IOV Labs also develops the RSK Infrastructure Framework (RIF) to provide our partners with everything they need to build decentralised apps and new Open Finance services on the RSK Blockchain.
Everyday our teams come to work to build a more decentralised world, for a freer and fairer future.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Semi Senior Legal Counsel to provide legal support to the organisation with a focus on contracting processes, working with business and internal partners to draft, negotiate and execute beneficial commercial agreements as well as contributing to the day to day legal activities & requests for the Legal team.
This person will report to the Head of Legal supporting her to handle a wide range of legal matters relating to crypto, blockchain and other digital matters, complex legal projects, will have a practical business and solution-oriented approach, and will be highly collaborative with strong values and ethics.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Collaborate with internal partners to review, draft and negotiate commercial agreements, including NDAs, licensing, grants and revenue sharing agreements, among others;
- Work with business and commercial teams to develop negotiation strategies and enforce contract standards;
- Support to different areas of the organisation on issues such as: employment issues, regulatory matters, administrative actions & compliance alignment;
- Create and maintain compliance policies and corporate records;
- Maintain database of contracts and forms, and tracking status of negotiations;
- Develop and implement projects to simplify processes, automate existing contract cycles, eliminate bottlenecks, and scale in response to the growth of the business;
- Support the Head of Legal to manage and resolve day to day legal matters in her absence.
What You Bring to the Table
- Professional experience as a practising lawyer inhouse for a global organisation
- Ideally experience with crypto projects or working within the crypto industry
- Preferred experience within remittances & payments industry
- Graduate of Law School
- Strong experience in drafting & negotiating global contracts & agreements
- Exposure to commercial agreements with complex liability issues
- Ability to work efficiently meet demanding deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Skill to prioritise work and adjust to frequent workload fluctuations across multiple time zones
- Enjoy working in a rapidly changing and diverse environment and comfortable navigating through ambiguous situations
- Commitment to promoting an ethical workplace culture and supporting compliance processes and programs
- Comfortable with ambiguity & excited by change
What You’ll Get Back
- 100% remote working (External Employee) from anywhere in the world.
- Global WeWork membership.
- Flexible working hours – you’re free to work however you work best.
- Paid leave and national holidays observed.
- Opportunity to work with state of art technology through challenging and unique projects.
- Internationally diverse and dynamic team with a clear vision and strategy.
- Training programs to learn about crypto.
- Weekly scientific moments by our Research & Innovation team to learn about technology, challenges, and solutions in the blockchain world.
- Language courses: English, Spanish or Chinese.
- Employee assistance program offering legal, financial, family, psychological, healthcare, and wellness counselling for you and your family
IOV Labs Mission, Vision, & Purpose
IOV Labs Values
Our values reflect the fact that we are a global, distributed team who embrace complex and revolutionary decentralised technologies, guided by a strong social purpose.
- Our purpose is to… build a more decentralised world, for a freer and fairer future.
- Our vision is… a safe and equitable global financial system that enables everyone to participate and prosper.
- We’re on a mission to… provide the next generation of fintech innovators with the decentralised tools and technology to build a new global economy.
- Take Responsibility
- Make it Useful
- Stay Open
- Be Fair
Want Access to 30,000+ More Remote and Flexible Jobs?
Part-time to full-time,
freelance to employee
More Career Fields
career coaching & more