Legal Assistant – Canada at Grow My Team - GMT
Legal Assistant at Grow My Team
- Remote, Remote, Canada
- Depending on experience
- Our client is a Canadian law firm that specializes in helping people with legal services in these areas: real estate transactions, setting up corporations, friendly divorce, and estate planning.
- The company makes it easy for customers to understand. Their number 1 priority is making sure that customers are cared for and understood.
- The client is looking for a Legal Assistant who will play an integral role in the legal services being provided to our clients.
- The Legal Assistant provides client liaison to determine the needs of the client, drafting of documents for review by the lawyer and overall client satisfaction.
- Qualified candidates will have an extremely strong understanding of English in order to draft legal documents in English.
- Also important experiences with law firm practices and processes in the areas of estate planning, family law, and corporate law.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, a strong ability to multi-task, a friendly demeanor, strong customer focus and the ability to perform under stress and time constraints.
A Day in the Life
- Prime legal assistant and drafter for Wills and Estates, Family Law and Corporate Law
- Advice and assist lawyers and Legal Team Lead re Customer concerns
- Conduct legal research and analysis
- Prepare legal documents
- Answer Phones
- Meeting with Clients virtually to determine their needs and discuss legal documents
- Customer Relationship Management Administration (InfusionSoft)
- Prime Support for MS Tools
- Noise-canceling headset
- High speed and reliable internet
- Updated PC or laptop running Windows 10/8 or Mac OS
- A quiet and comfortable workspace
- Minimum Internet speed of 10Mbps
- Digitally savvy and a tech enthusiast, willing to try and learn new platforms
- A backup Internet connection and computer
- At least 3 professional references
- Government-issued ID
- Police clearance or certification
- We have a team of highly passionate and professional people who are dedicated to providing the best legal and consulting services in Canada.
- Outstanding English verbal and written communication skills with a neutral accent
- English Degree, BA/Law/Law Clerk Paralegal
- 3+ years of experience working in a law office
- Excellent written and oral communication Skills
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Strong people skills
- Extremely strong attention to detail
- Research and analysis
- Good team player (communicate well with the team to provide a cohesive team experience)
- Resilience and self-confidence
- Beyond Proficient in Microsoft suite of tools
- Knowledge of CRM and project tracking tools – e.g. Infusionsoft, Asana
- Amenable to work full-time during US Eastern business hours
The Future of Work
GMT is a global recruitment company changing the face of recruitment and staffing. Our headquarters are in Melbourne, Australia but we are truly global. We are all about connecting the best international talent with the best companies. We provide our talent with the flexibility of being able to work a home office with tailored hours for amazing companies. Our hourly rates are very generous and you become part of our unique community; a place to share ideas, connect and socialise and continually upskill.
NOTE: We highly encourage that you only apply for the role that best matches your skills in Grow My Team instead of applying for all the open roles to avoid delays in getting to best outcomes for you.
Due to regulations, we are unable to offer remote work to Australian citizens and residents.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!