Legal Assistant and Contracts Manager at National Domestic Workers Alliance - NDWA
Legal Assistant & Contracts Manager
NATIONAL DOMESTIC WORKERS ALLIANCE
Job Type: PT
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary: $25 / hour; up to 25 hours per week.
Reports to: Deputy General Counsel
Work Location: New York or Remote
Start Date: ASAP
BACKGROUND & POSITION SUMMARY
The National Domestic Workers Alliance (NDWA) is the leading national voice for dignity and fairness for domestic workers in the United States.
NDWA is seeking a passionate, dedicated, self-starter to serve as the Legal Assistant and Contracts Manager in the General Counsel’s Office. The position will oversee the management of all contracts throughout the organization, and provide direct support to the legal team on other matters including assisting with NDWA’s compliance programs.
PRIMARY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage NDWA’s contract review process by generating contracts using template agreements, coordinating contract negotiations and executions, and filing executed contracts in a centralized database.
- Assist with our compliance programs, including managing staff tracking of lobbying activity and helping complete required disclosures.
- Updating and organizing the General Counsel’s Office filing system.
- Provide direct and confidential support to the General Counsel’s office with other tasks, including research and scheduling.
- Strong organizational skills, and creative problem solver
- Some familiarity with lobbying disclosure requirements and 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) work.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, DocuSign, and Google Suite (especially Google Charts and Google Forms) are required.
- Alignment with NDWA’s vision and values, including a commitment to economic, race and gender justice.
- Proven ability to learn quickly, work independently, meet multiple deadlines with a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work and collaborate with diverse staff in person and remotely and as part of a high-performing team, in a fast-paced, experimental organization.
- Spanish proficiency a plus.
Women, People of Color, People with Disabilities, and LGBTQIA+ people are strongly urged to apply.
NDWA is a union employer. This position is a confidential employee position, and not in the bargaining unit.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!