Legal Assistant at Retail Ecommerce Ventures (REV)
Location: UK, Canada, Central America, and Australia: 100% Remote
Retail Ecommerce Ventures (REV) has an immediate opening for Paralegals to join our team. In this role, hires will support attorney(s), and other general administration.
Founded by entrepreneurs Tai Lopez and Alex Mehr, REV acquires and reimagines distressed retail brands and turns them into e-commerce success stories.
REV’s ever-growing portfolio includes retail stalwarts Pier 1 Imports, Dress Barn, Modell’s, Linens ‘n Things, Franklin Mint, Stein Mart, and Radio Shack.
- Assists in preparing legal documents such as correspondence, contracts and agreements
- Review and maintain all agreements entered by the company in a Contract Management System (CMS)
- Prepare ad hoc reports for In-House Counsel and Executive Team using the CMS
- Assist and maintain all insurance policies for the company
- Assist and maintain all corporate records
- Manage and track legal spend and performance of outside counsel
- Provide administrative support for In-House Counsel
- Prepare and review confidentiality agreements with attorney supervision
- Assist counsel in preparation for discovery, hearings and trials
- Complete investigations and fact-finding for cases
- Participate in the definition and development of corporate policies, procedures and programs and provide continuing counsel and guidance on all legal matters
- Assist attorney(s) with transaction closings and maintenance of corporate records
- Conduct legal research and drafting as requested
- Successfully complete special projects and other assignments as requested
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Carries out all responsibilities in an honest, ethical and professional manner
- Associate Degree or third-party certification in paralegal studies preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in an Corporate Legal Department setting
- Experience with a Contract Management System such as:
- Experienced with general filing, writing summaries, and legal clerical work
- Proficient with MS Office and Google Docs.
- Excellent demonstrated verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent time management skills
- High level of attention to detail and a high sense of urgency
- Able to perform work accurately, timely and effectively
- Proven success in retaining confidential and sensitive information
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures
To apply: email, email@example.com
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!