Legal Administrative Assistant
Location: Anywhere In The U.S.
The Legal team at eXp Realty is seeking an experienced Legal Administrative Assistant who will provide support to the team all while working remotely. A successful candidate will be self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, collaborative and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is able to exercise good judgment, who takes significant initiative, and possesses the ability to handle an array of confidential matters. This position will work closely with our General Counsel, Associate Corporate Counsel, Corporate Paralegal and other internal business partners across the eXp Realty workplace.
Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing the day-to-day operations and administrative duties of the Legal Department, including managing hectic and complex calendars and deadlines and doing so with multiple parties across multiple time zones;
- Manage and execute timely delivery of assigned legal tasks or services;
- Take legal briefs and notes; prepare correspondence, reports and datasheets;
- Process and track requests for legal review; manage workflow and juggle priorities efficiently;
- Setting up and inputting new electronic files in compliance with the current department policies utilizing the company’s various systems and electronic document software system.
- Report claims to insurance company and all relevant coverage details;
- Oversee management of electronic files and other internal data management, including following up on drafts, e-sign for signatories, and updating our proprietary systems;
- Responsible for preparing, reviewing, editing and proofreading a variety of documents, including composing responses to discovery for litigation under attorney direction by gathering case evidence and documentation by searching various internal databases and systems;
- Manages a high volume email account for the department; responsible for keeping the attorneys apprised of all correspondence and telephone calls, and responsible for reminding attorneys to complete their to-do’s;
- Assists with contract administration;
- Enhances attorney’s effectiveness by monitoring case progress; alerting attorney of issues requiring his/her attention; maintaining contact with business units, claims managers, adjusters, and opposing counsel; contributing information to the team case review; completing special projects; providing secretarial support;
- Performs executive administrative duties as needed (i.e. scheduling travel, expense reporting, and coordinating daily calendar); working and coordinating with executive assistants across teams on various aspects, including conferences and off-site meetings;
Associate’s Degree in law required
- 3+ years law firm or in-house legal department experience, providing support to a team (rather than an individual), experience in a business and legal affairs setting a plus.
- Must have have a knowledge of various law practices, legal processes and terms, as some of the responsibilities include preparing garnishment and subpoena responses, discovery preparation and other legal documentation.
- Ability to work independently as well as to function as part of an effective team is required.
- Excellent organization, interpersonal and communication skills; strong writing skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of company personnel and a variety of external entities.
- Attention to detail and accuracy, and ability to maintain confidential information.
- This role is technology-intensive, candidate must possess the ability to work with spreadsheet and accounting programs, Internet-based filing and docket systems, computerized legal research databases and word processing applications, and be adaptable to learning new software.