Learning Management System – LMS – Administrator at Puppet
Title: Learning Management System (LMS) Administrator
- Location: Remote North America
Hi, I’m Helen Ivory, Senior Director of Global Knowledge Management at Puppet. The Global Knowledge Management team is a group of learning professionals committed to getting it right the right information to the right person in the right way at the right time. We partner cross-functionally to provide our customers, partners, and internal teams with effective and engaging learning experiences.
I’m looking for a Learning Management System (LMS) Administrator to join our team in providing best-in-class learning experiences for our global customers, sales professionals, and partners. You would be responsible for implementing, configuring, and maintaining a comprehensive online global learning portal. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and you’re looking to have a material impact this might be the opportunity for you.
As the LMS Administrator at Puppet, you will:
- Be the Learning Management System owner. You will advocate for the user community and provide technical troubleshooting support.
- Create exceptional, streamlined user experiences by developing policies and procedures and setting standards and best practices to provide an exceptional, streamlined user experience.
- Maintain the LMS, in partnership with the vendor, to implement and test enhancements, troubleshoot errors, and identify areas of improvement.
- Collaborate and strategize within the team and across the organization to identify learning solutions and communication plans. Stay current with trends in general learning and the learning management system market.
- Drive strong utilization and adoption rates. You will track, analyze, and report on platform and program utilization and adoption rates and make recommendations for improvements and enhancements.
Who you will be collaborating with
- Customer success leaders who are responsible for the customer experience.
- Internal program leads and instructional designers who create instructionally sound, engaging, and interactive education content.
Who are you?
- You are an experienced LMS administrator confident in driving system improvements and enhancements using best practices and industry standards.
- You are a natural educator who enjoys finding new ways to solve problems and helping to make learning accessible and engaging for sales professionals.
- You are a self-starter. You do your best work when given strategic objectives and empowered to work autonomously and creatively with regular communication.
- You are a dynamic and collaborative player who is adept at building effective cross-functional relationships as well as internal relationships within our geographically distributed team.
- You are a great communicator, self-aware, straightforward, collaborative, and open to feedback.
- You are committed to working in, and fostering, an inclusive, diverse, and respectful culture.
What valuable experience and skills will you bring to the table?
- At least 2 years of experience in troubleshooting, administering, and supporting a Learning Management System.
- Basic layout and design skills.
- Experience and understanding of semantic HTML.
- Flexibility in supporting a geographically dispersed learner community.
Bonus, but not required (shout about it in your application if you have experience)
- Experience managing third-party vendors to drive efficiency and troubleshooting issues.
- Project management skills, certification, or demonstrated success managing competing priorities on time and within budget. Proficiency using Asana, Confluence, and Slack is a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of instructional design and learning models to develop engaging and effective experiences for a variety of delivery methods. Certifications in adult learning or instructional design are a plus.
- Experience with education technology such as sales enablement platforms, videography and video hosting services, content authoring tools, multimedia technology, and virtual delivery platforms.
We are hiring at various experience levels and we’re particularly interested in having a diverse team with a broad set of skills and viewpoints. If this seems like your dream job, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway!
Please note, this position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Puppet’s core mission is to eliminate soul crushing work. We created the industry standard for managing infrastructure as code. And we didn’t stop there our product portfolio has grown to help organizations automate across their entire software delivery lifecycle. With more than two-thirds of Fortune 100 companies using Puppet’s open source or commercial products, our code is helping power thousands of organizations across the world.
As the industry leader in DevOps solutions, we realize that our success is a collective effort; all made possible by the incredible people working here, our customers, partners, and Puppet community. Our culture is built on positivity, diversity, inclusivity and support and we seek people who are resilient, entrepreneurial-minded, team players who continually strive to be incrementally better every single day. In our work together we aim to be curious, accountable, empathetic and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like the environment you’d thrive in, why not say hello?
Learn more about Puppet by checking out the values we live by and the awesome benefits and perks we offer employees!
Puppet is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact +1-877-575-9775 for assistance.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!