Lean Administrator at LabCorp
- Job Location: Remote
The Lean Administrator has primary responsibilities for identifying, facilitating, communicating, managing, and implementing Process Excellence initiatives in the Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) business unit and throughout the LabCorp enterprise.
The Lean Administrator will be an expert in the LEAN/Six Sigma principles including but not limited to PDCA, DMAIC, VSM, RCA, FMEA, Control Plan etc. This individual will lead strategically aligned Lean Sigma activities (DMAIC projects, Kaizen Events, coaching/teaching, analysis/automation) with a significant focus on reducing waste, standardizing key processes, leveraging technology to automate manual processes, improving process efficiency, and customer satisfaction while delivering results that improve operational cost, working capital, process maturity, and promote cost avoidance.
The Lean Administrator is a problem solver and facilitator with an influential leadership capacity to affect change. In order to be successful, this person needs to be a self-directed individual contributor, who can communicate well across functional areas and direct the work of others. This individual must have strong leadership and excellent communications skills and exercise good independent judgement and decision making. This position will report directly to a Sr. Director.
Essential Job Functions (includes but is not limited to):
- Leads, facilitates, and manages improvement projects as assigned. Evaluates solutions and supports execution of implementation action plans
- Drives the utilization of performance data and customer feedback to ensure top issues are routinely addressed at the root cause level and on-going monitoring is institutionalized.
- Identifies and drives individual projects to reduce variation and eliminate waste. Proficient in applying problem solving tools to real world situations to realize efficiencies
- Provides knowledge of best practices and processes (Lean Sigma, Quality, Analytics), analyzes existing practices, collects data, and make recommendations.
- Coach and mentor project team members and sponsors Provides support on Lean culture and infrastructure, organizational change management, and statistical tools to advance improvement projects.
- Prepares and presents findings/proposals to senior leadership with recommendations, including cost benefit analysis, risk mitigation, and action plans
- Directs strategic projects and activities targeting the elimination of waste. *Drives improvements in the flow of value-added operations and processes.
- Responsible for working closely with business owners to achieve process performance standards and productivity targets, incorporating the Voice of the Customer.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Green Belt certification or equivalent in Lean or Six Sigma
- Minimum 4 years of progressive process improvement experience (facilitated kaizens)
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Must have excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently
- Strong project management and leadership skills;
- Ability to collaborate with cross functional departments
Preferred (including above)
- Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering or technical discipline (or non-technical bachelor’s degree with 5 years of experience in consulting, business, quality, medical, analytics, etc.)
- Black Belt Certification in Lean Six Sigma (ASQ or equivalent)
- 6+ years of progressive process improvement experience (DMAIC, DMADV, DFSS, 3P, VSM, Lean Management System, TPS, Business Process Assessment, Lead and facilitated 25+ Lean Sigma projects or kaizen events)
- Python Coding for Artificial Intelligence, Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Experience with strategy deployment (Hoshin Kanri)
- Computer skills — Excellent proficiency in Excel, Power Point, Visio, Project, Word
- Experience in Minitab, JMP strongly desired
- Power BI, Tableau, Python, UiPath, Automation Anywhere preferred
Schedule Mon – Fri – 8am – 5 pm
Department Lean Process Excellence Team-8184
Overtime Required No
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!