Leadership Coach at Lingo Live
Leadership Coach (Remote, Independent Contractor)
at Lingo Live
About Lingo Live
Lingo Live, established in 2012, offers leadership and communication training for the tech leaders of the 21st century. Our mission is to empower human beings to contribute their unique potential in the workplace. Our clients are leading innovators such as Microsoft, Eventbrite, Zillow, Dell, LinkedIn, and Slack. We believe that the best work happens when humans are both empowered to share their ideas and invested in listening to others. We think that tech companies, and all communities, benefit from a variety of perspectives and life experiences.
We offer two programs: Lingo Language, for multilinguals working in an English-speaking business environment, and Lingo Leaders, a skills-based coaching program that helps emerging leaders gain the communication, interpersonal, and self-awareness skills needed to drive success across their team and organization-wide.
Service Provided and Necessary Skills
Coaching professionals are contracted to deliver 45-minute 1 on 1 lesson via video conference and deliver written feedback during a 15-minute feedback window after the lesson. Payment is on a per lesson and per written feedback basis. Lesson/feedback rates are discussed upon acceptance for platform registration.
Please note this is NOT a coaching program for high-level executives – it’s important to be transparent up front that the fees paid to leadership coaches are lower than fees paid to executive coaches, since our learners are on track to or just starting in leadership roles. Please take this into account when submitting your desired lesson rate with your registration information below.
In order to register and be approved to provide your professional coaching services on our platform, Leadership Coaches must demonstrate the following:
- 7+ years of relevant career experience (management, L&D, HR, or hyper-growth/tech industries
- A curated approach to goal-setting and progress-tracking
- Ability to build individual growth paths related to broader enterprise or organizational goals often set by Learning and Development or Human Resource programs (e.g. team alignment, productivity, promotability, moving to management, retention, etc.)
- An established skillset in designing situated learning experiences for clients, preferably backed by approaches in appreciative inquiry, positive psychology, or strengths-based coaching
- A proven history of impactful teaching, coaching, or management.
Learner and Coach Persona
A typical Lingo Leaders learner is a high-performing tech professional in software engineering, UI/UX design, management, marketing, or sales. Our learners are both highly specialized and highly driven to excel in their careers. They are on track to leadership or just starting out in leadership positions, usually at fast-paced hyper-growth companies who are seeking to supplement management and leadership development and training with an external coaching vendor.
Leadership coaches at Lingo Live offer personalized skills-based coaching. Our coaches are experts at both helping individuals better understand how they’re viewed in their everyday interactions and identifying areas where they can improve. Coaches use their experience and training in psychology, coaching, L&D, or HR to help learners identify and go after opportunities to make high impact contributions on the individual, team, or organizational level. They are able to intuit what areas matter most for the learner to grow and articulate the purpose and intended impact of each session as well as the progress the learner has made over time.
Why register as a coach with Lingo Live?
- Earn supplemental income doing meaningful work
- Reduce the client acquisition and marketing costs associated with running your independent coaching practice – Lingo Live provides coaches with access to a global pool of learners from respected and elite enterprise clients
- Total freedom to maintain and manage your own learner base and lesson schedule
- Build long-lasting relationships with driven and motivated learners
- Join our vibrant Slack community and build your professional coaching network
Equipment and Technical Requirements
- Device: Laptop or desktop computer, Mac or PC
- Camera: HD External camera or HD integrated camera
- Headset: Headset or earbud headphones with a microphone and stable output and input
- Lighting: Natural light or bright environment to ensure your face is well-lit
- Operating System: Windows7, Windows8, Windows10, MAC OS 10.8x
- Browser: Google Chrome (most recent version)
- Broadband/high-speed internet: At least 3Mbps (standard Cable or DSL connection should work just fine – no dial-up)
- Memory: At least 4GB RAM
- CPU: Intel Core i3 above CPU
- Flash Version: Download Latest Version
If accepted for registration on the Lingo Live platform, the coach and Lingo Live will enter into an Independent Contractor Agreement. Coaching opportunities on the Lingo Live platform are intended for independent business owners and freelance professionals who have an established presence as a teacher or coach independently of Lingo Live. Contractors providing coaching services via the Lingo Live platform set their own availability and manage their own schedules. Learners can browse coach profiles and schedule directly at the coach’s indicated available times, or make a request to work with a coach outside of the available times listed, to which the coach can accept or decline the lesson. Contractors can expect the size of their client base and quantity of services provided to correlate directly with their open availability, learner demand for their specific skills or expertise as represented on their coach profile, as well as their entrepreneurial efforts to build and maintain ongoing relationships with their clients (e.g. encouraging learners to become a regular client and commit to a fixed lesson schedule). Coaches are not employees of Lingo Live, and as such are responsible for compliance with their local and federal tax and business laws as self-employed or independent business owners.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!