Lead Video Editor at Shef
Lead Video Editor
WHAT WE DO
At Shef, we are building a homemade food marketplace. We believe in providing the shefs in our community (refugees, immigrants, stay-at-home parents, retirees and out-of-work restaurant chefs) the opportunity to make a meaningful income by doing what they love! We also believe that every person should have access to a wholesome, home-cooked meal at an affordable price. Building a community devoted to economic empowerment and cultural inclusivity — that’s why we started Shef.
We are committed to reimagining home cooking regulations around the country to help put people back to work following the COVID-19 pandemic and have raised nearly $30M from investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, Craft Ventures, and M13, as well as founders and executives from Instacart, TaskRabbit, StubHub, AngelList, Lyft, Airbnb, and Yelp. We have a ton of exciting work ahead of us and are excited to have you join us!
Shef is currently seeking a creative and experienced visual storyteller to join our video team. We’re looking for an outstanding storyteller who can think outside the box and juggle multiple projects at the same time. The ideal candidate knows the ins and outs of creating content for YouTube and other social platforms and is passionate about making content that moves people and grows audiences. You can pivot from shorts to documentaries, from Tiktok to explainers, and love experimenting with new ways of reaching creators and their fans through video.
To thrive in this role, you’ll need to excel at sourcing, organizing, and crafting emotionally compelling narratives that hook viewers immediately and keep them watching until the very end. We’re looking for an editor who can spot an emotional piece of footage and use it as a building block to produce a mid-form video with a strong visual arc. The ideal candidate will have an obsession with digital media, and be nimble and eager to stay two steps ahead of rapidly evolving best practices. Not only will they excel at narrative, but also at creating and refining systems to generate and utilize UGC. They’ll be a natural communicator and team player—someone who is able to mobilize our freelance video editors to create high-volume video assets.
- Manage Video Assets
- Ingest, log, and organize video library
- Edit, deliver, and archive all video projects
- See videos through the entire production process, from pre-production to final edit and publishing
- Develop Shef Biography Films
- Refine and manage content collection system for short biography films of each shef
- Provide content to Video Editing Lead
- Organize finalized content and create a system for uploading films to the website
- Create Market Launch Videos
- Work with the launch team and the content production manager to ensure timely post-production of region-specific films.
- Own Video Initiatives
- Work with our growth, press, onboarding, design, and support teams to ensure that they have all of the video support needed
- Ideate future video concepts alongside the rest of the content and creative team
- Expert in the Adobe Creative Suite, with an emphasis on Premiere and After Effect
- 6+ years of experience video editing
- A strong portfolio/reel of video content (promos, trailers, documentaries, advertising spots, etc.)
- Superior organizational skills, especially with large volumes of digital visual content such as video, photographs, and graphic and music assets
- Proven experience and success with producing original capture content and editing for fast-moving companies and social media platforms (examples required)
- Self-directed with the ability to come up with creative solutions independently and able to manage time effectively across multiple projects adhering to production schedules in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelors/Masters degree in film & video production
- Working knowledge of animation/motion in relation to the creation of trailers and title/end cards
- An understanding and interest in overall video production and knowledge of new creative and production techniques
- Confident in alternate motion design/post-production software and systems including color grading and minor audio engineering
This is a non-exempt position that requires a flexible schedule, including weekend work and early/late hours that reflect peak support times for our consumer community during delivery days. This position is fully remote and can be performed from anywhere in the U.S.
At Shef, we are building a platform that celebrates difference and cultural inclusivity by providing equitable opportunities for economic empowerment and by reimagining food making and sharing in our 21st century world. Our employee, shef, and customer communities represent a wide, beautiful cross-section of individuals from diverse cultures, ethnicities, races, and walks of life.
Shef is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to build a team that reflects the communities we serve, and a workplace that nurtures and empowers unique identities and experiences. We are committed to advancing equity in a tech industry that has often fallen short. We strongly encourage applications from BIPOC (Black; Indigenous; People of Color), women, LGBTQ+, and other individuals who are underrepresented in the industry, across color, religion, race, ethnic and national origin, physical ability, gender and sexual identity.
For individuals who require an accommodation during the interview process, please advise your company contact.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!