Lead UX Designer at 2K
Lead UX Designer
- at 2K
- Novato, CA or Remote, US
Who We Are:
- 2K is a global publisher of interactive entertainment including award-winning game franchises Borderlands, BioShock, NBA 2K, WWE 2K and Sid Meier’s Civilization.
What We Need:
- We are looking for a Lead UX designer who will collaborate with Product Managers, Game Designers, and other cross-functional teams to develop next-generation UX for mobile games.
What You Will Do:
Reporting to our [Director of Product Management], you will:
- Work on the publisher side to own the high-level UX vision for the game and bring the vision to the developer studio in a collaborative environment
- Create UX deliverables (wireframes, user flows, and prototypes) that communicate complex gameplay. Use transitions, animations, and VFX, thinking holistically of how all the pieces fit together and consistently drive UX excellence
- Own the process from feature debriefing to UX deliverables between publisher and developer. Collaborate with game designers, product managers, UI artist, art director and engineers
- Leverage user research team and internal playtests to inform and validate your design
- Coach UX best practices and knowledge to UX designers and other relevant team members
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit:
- 5+ years as a lead UX designer in a mobile game company with shipped titles
- Passion and familiarity with hard-core mobile games that have complex gameplay
- Ability to create UX documentation and artifacts (e.g. specs, wireframes, and prototypes).
- Familiar with the publisher-developer relationship. Able to lead a team through the execution of your vision
- Outstanding teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills. Positive attitude and an ability to receive and provide objective feedback
- Awareness of current trends in UX design in the mobile game industry
- Plus if you have:
- Strong eye for visual design. This is not an art position but will require a keen sense of design
- Ability to create interactive prototypes or implementation of UI in a Unity game client.
- Motion design and animation experience.
Location: Remote or Novato, CA
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!