Lead UI-UX Designer at Joy Labs
Lead UI/UX Designer
Joy Labs is growing our completely distributed team to help us build a new experience, enabling communications between everyone with trust and empowerment. We are looking for a design teammate to lead & execute customer experience discovery, validation, and design our application experiences spanning mobile, web and native.
An experienced product designer, with a strong customer centric mindset who has demonstrated success in designing products from inception to market would be an ideal teammate.
As the first product designer at Joy Labs, you will be hands on to not only rapidly validating a new product, but also building a scalable design framework. You’ll engage with users through every stage of product validation and collaborate with product, growth and engineering peers to create the most functional and magical experiences to ensure we’re providing a product our users love.
If you’re passionate about being part of a team that is focused on continual learning and adapting to build the best experiences for our users, you could be a fit!
What you’ll do:
- Design a holistic experience for our brand and product
- Advocate for and lead effective design practices
- Continually push our creative, visual, and interactive design capabilities
- Implement a design thinking approach with a strong focus on user research
- Partner with product to rapidly design & scale customer experiences
- Partner with our growth team to design experiments testing demand
- Build & improve a continually evolving design practice
- Create design systems to enable rapid design and validation
- 5+ years experience in consumer web/mobile product design
- Strong visual design & user experience skills
- Strong understanding of typography/layout/color, & advanced design principles
- You‘re empathetic, and apply this to create experiences to solve problems
- A passion for user engagement and strong interview skills
- Experience in working with conceptual through growth stage products
- Excellent communications skills
- Highly collaborative to effectively work with a distributed team
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!