Lead Technical Writer – Software Engineering at Human Care Systems
Lead Technical Writer (Software Engineering)
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
- Allows Remote
Ensure engineers and users can easily locate and access knowledge to maximize the Resilix Platform.
Are you interested in…?
- Creating the right product documentation system to maximize value to engineers and users?
- Delivering documentation experiences to engineers and users that maximize findability, accessibility, and usability of actionable knowledge?
- Being challenged to continue your learning and growth by smart, driven colleagues?
- Working for a profitable and growing (~100 people today) patient-focused health technology company?
- Working remotely or from one of our offices (Boston, Phoenix, San Antonio)?
Human Care Systems is in the business of…
- Helping patients start and stay on treatment with rules-driven smart interactions via phone, email, SMS, mobile, web and printed materials.
- Delivering value to all key market participants through optimal use of treatment – patients, HCPs, payers, and biopharmaceutical companies. Our clients are the biopharmaceutical companies who need to ensure their medicines are taken as prescribed.
- Designing our organization as a system and ‘designing-in’ the right roles, technologies, data flows, processes, decisions, and improvement mechanisms.
The core of the role is…
- Explain complex topics in a way that is useful to each core audience – users and engineers.
- Design, complete, and iterate the right documentation, UI text, sample code, videos, etc
- Plan, create, and maintain technical documentation for users as well as internal and external engineering audiences.
- Edit, clarify, and proofread documents written by others, and coach non-writers on ways to improve their technical writing skills.
- Manage and drive complex documentation projects.
- Supplement developer documentation with relevant sample code.
- Manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Work in close daily collaboration with software engineers.
- Help developers and users do amazing things with Resilix.
- Select and launch a Content Authoring and Content Management System to deliver documentation for print, web, and mobile channels
- Establish best practices for content creation and act as content librarian
- XML-based (DITA) authoring systems such as FrameMaker or paligo
- Working in an Agile environment
- Documenting SaaS applications (micro-services architecture preferred)
- Documenting RESTful APIs
- Working in a highly regulated environment (healthcare preferred)
Some key details…
- Highly competitive base salary + bonus potential
- Full benefits (health, dental, etc.)
- Stock options
- Flexible PTO policy
- Sponsored wellness program
- Mobility within the company in many directions; Growth opportunities; Access to senior leadership; Colleagues who are incredibly motivated by our work and helping patients; Opportunity to be at the forefront of technology-led patient support and outcomes
You will like it here and succeed at HCS if you are….
- At your best when engaged, supported, and challenged by curious, driven colleagues.
- Non-defensive and enjoy iterating and getting designs better and better.
- Self-driven, flexible, and effective at working autonomously.
- A ‘doer’ who is both smart and humble, proactive and reflective, curious and focused, leader and supporter.
Our culture is…
- Patient focused and performance driven – we always deliver for patients and clients.
- Mutually supportive and designed for iteration and learning.
- High on autonomy – we treat all HCS people as responsible adults able to control their schedules and deliver for work, life, and family.
- Driven by a team of ‘T people’ (deep expertise and wide knowledge base) who are curious and inclined to focus, go deep, and learn fast.
- Organically derived – we are who we are.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!