Lead Technical Writer
We make open source software that helps developers build great applications, which is why having excellent documentation is so important at Apollo. Every day, tens of thousands of developers worldwide rely on our docs, blog posts, and tutorials to understand our platform. Your work will have a huge impact on how we help developers build apps with Apollo.
- We’re looking for a lead technical writer to ensure that our users who read our content have an excellent experience.
- You’ll accomplish that goal by working closely with developers across the company to plan, structure, and execute high-quality docs, blog posts, and tutorials.
- At Apollo, we value empathy and kindness, so you’ll also be soliciting feedback from our users to understand how we can solve their pain points.
What You’ll Do
- Documentation: Collaborate with our developers and community members to plan, structure, and ship high-quality, technically accurate docs for the Apollo platform and open-source tools
- Mentorship: Teach developers how to write clear, concise docs and help instill a documentarian culture at Apollo
- Style guide: Write and maintain a style guide for how we approach documentation at Apollo that clearly defines our voice
- Developer content: Be the point person for reviewing developer content, including blog posts, tutorials, and whitepapers, as well as be able to provide actionable feedback to the authors
- User feedback: Lead the initiative to implement a user feedback system on the Apollo docs and use it to measure the effectiveness of your work
- You have a clear, concise communication style and excellent writing ability. You’re a skilled wordsmith who can make content come alive.
- You enjoy collaborating with developers to ensure your work is technically accurate and are excited about empowering them to write better documentation.
- You’re empathetic. You understand how developers consume documentation and what their pain points are. You listen to our users and go the extra mile to help them succeed.
- You’ve done technical writing before and know what great documentation looks like. You’re ready to take the next step leading technical writing at Apollo.
- You can clone down a project and run it to fully understand the technical details of what you’re writing about, even if you’ve never worked as a developer before.
- You value high production quality and deliver finished, polished work.
This position can be done from anywhere in the world.
Apollo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a talented and diverse workforce.