Lead Software Engineer at School of Motion
School of Motion is looking for a Lead Software Engineer to help us build the best platform for motion design training in the world.
As Lead Engineer at School of Motion you’ll be responsible for continuing to grow and scale our learning platform as we introduce more courses and content to more students, all over the world.
Required tech skills:
- 5+Years Engineering Experience
- Comfortable with front and back end
- Familiarity with the following technologies
- Experience with SPA (Single Page Applications)
- Experience working collaboratively via GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket, etc
- Willingness to learn new technologies
Required operational skills:
- Experience working in an Agile shop
- Continuous integration and deployment experience
- Self-starter with leadership skills. You will be the most senior software engineer on a small team of developers.
Required management skills:
- Experience with leading engineering teams
- Mentoring / coaching team members – giving and receiving feedback
- Proactive communication and stakeholder expectation management
- DevOps/QA experience
- Docker and containerization
- CI Pipeline
- Test Automation
- Experience with Marketing/Sales engineering such as GA tracking implementation, SEO, segment.com, customer.io etc.
- Previous remote experience
About School of Motion
At School of Motion we’re trying to reinvent the way students learn online by combining the best parts of a traditional brick-and-mortar school with technology that allows our students to receive the elite Motion Design training from anywhere in the world. Our mission is to break down the barriers to learning, mastering, and working in Motion Design. We currently have ten comprehensive courses, over 5,000 Alumni, dozens of Teaching Assistants, and a small team of full-time staff working diligently to keep everything running! And this is only the beginning…
Our Core Values:
Our core values embody our team dynamic and our voice. We are rebellious, helpful, effective, playful, and curious. If you would like to work with us, you should be all of these things too:
- We don’t like to do things just because they’ve always been done that way. Be skeptical of the status quo and constantly improve.
- There is no such thing as “not my job”. Help out in any way you can, and don’t hesitate to reach out for help.
- We do things fast and smart. We automate if it makes sense. We skip the meeting if it’s not immediately beneficial to the mission.
- No Bad Vibes. Don’t take yourself too seriously, it’s only Animation.
- Have interests, pursue them ruthlessly. Share your weirdness.
Some important information…
While School of Motion does not discriminate on the basis of citizenship or national origin, we may only employ United States citizens and people who are authorized to work in the United States. As long as you meet that criteria, you can work from wherever that is comfortable for you! We’re a fully remote team that primarily operates on Eastern Standard Time, and if you are local to Sarasota, Providence, or Los Angeles then you can come work with us in person.
We have some great benefits!
- We cover 100% of your health insurance and a portion for your spouse and children
- We have an extremely flexible time off policy. Work wherever you want with an internet connection.
- Access to a 401K plan after one year of employment
- Profit based bonus program
- Saying that we have a very casual work environment is an understatement, just be you.
The position does require domestic travel at least once per year when we all get together for company retreats and industry conferences (they are fun!).
School of Motion is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind
School of Motion is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at School of Motion are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate
Location: US Locations Only
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!