Lead QA Engineer at Health IQ
Lead QA Engineer
- Remote, United States
Health IQ is a community of engineers who are passionate about building quality software that rewards the health-conscious. Our work environment is collaborative and relaxed, and as a result, we build products that are well-considered and well-architected.
As an engineering leader, you will bring hands-on contributions to test automation as well as the ability to guide a team through multiple complex projects. We are looking for a manager who can lead a team that has a demonstrated ability to design and implement testing applications independently, this includes contributing to the framework architecture, building automated test frameworks and enhance/add test code. This person will be designing applications, testing web services, UI automation, work with multiple automation teams, drive projects, perform code reviews, build tools to analyze pass rates, and work closely with product, business & development teams on a daily basis. This position will be in our center excellence for QA automation and will be working on a wide range of Health IQ applications.
Your skillset will grow at Health IQ. You will join a team excited about the problems we solve and the tools they use to solve them. We keep pace with the industry and are active participants in the open-source world. You will find yourself regularly growing in your career, using new tools and frameworks to solve new kinds of problems with support from management and mentors.
What you will be doing:
- Acting as Quality Ambassador by providing guidance to Software Engineers regarding guidelines for “testable software design”
- Design, write and oversee implementation of a modern automation test framework to support all aspects of Quality Assurance, including the execution of test plans to perform both functional and system operational testing
- Evaluation and selection of third-party tools and frameworks to accelerate our internal testing framework development and use
- Manage local and offshore teams of test implementation engineers
- Collaborate closely with development teams & technical operations that use a mix of different languages and frameworks, and deploy to cloud platforms such as AWS and Heroku
- Combine your technical ability, strategic thinking and detail-oriented execution in a fast-paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
- Define the testing stages (integration, component, deployment, configuration) of our Software Delivery Pipeline
- Work within a Product Development team to analyze business requirements, identify user stories, test deliverables and provide effort estimates
- Translate product requirements into test cases and test data in a complex, heterogeneous environment
- Defect identification, stressing prevention by focusing on testability during design and implementation
- Lightweight reporting of issues, risks, and status in a Scrum or Kanban framework
- Strive for continuous improvement and evolving our test practices
Who we’re looking for:
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, or related technical field, required; advanced degree preferred
- 4+ years of experience in test automation and/or software engineering
- 2+ years of experience as a leader of people
- Strong testing skills and proficiency with test automation tools
- In-depth knowledge of unit-test frameworks
- Experience with code-coverage tools and analysis
- Experience with API test tools such as Postman or similar
- Experience with UI testing through Selenium, Appium, etc.
- Experience of building strong working relationships within a team environment
- Experience selecting, configuring, integrating and maintaining CI/CD tools
- Must be able to manage a steady stream of concurrent projects
- Ability to diagnose and resolve complex technical problems
- A proactive approach to problem-solving, organized and determined with high attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and proficiency in talking to both technical and non-technical stakeholders in the project
Join the Health Conscious Workplace of the Future
To make the world a healthier place, we started in our backyard. We created a health-conscious environment that allows each of our employees to reach their personal health goals. Below are a few of the employee-led programs that make working at Health IQ truly unique.
Nutritionally Supportive Environment
Anyone who has tried to stay healthy knows it’s hard to stick to your particular nutritional goals throughout the day with soda, chips, and sugary treats all around you. So we provide our employees with quality food and snack options, like a limitless supply of organic nuts, fruits, and veggies instead.
Optional Fitness Time
Instead of the usual ping pong table, we’ve dedicated space for our employees to enjoy yoga, spin bikes, exercise equipment, and other wellness activities. We believe a healthy body is at the core of a healthy mind, so whether it’s time for a walk, using the exercise equipment, or daily meditation, we make it easy.
Casual Office Attire
Ever dream of coming to work in your casual fitness attire? Well, that’s how we roll at Health IQ! Be comfortable and let your fitness fashion shine!
At the end of the day, we are a business-minded insurance company and we use analytics to measure our success and drive our business. Coming to work and working hard however is much more fun when you are surrounded by like-minded people who are motivated by the same personal goals as you. Our employees are making friends that will last a lifetime.
Motivate and Compete
Many of our employees are current or former athletes who are competitive and like to win. They motivate each other to do their personal best every day, and together we win as a team and as a company!
We pay 100% of our employees’ costs toward medical, dental and vision insurance.
Are You Ready to Join The Movement?
Health IQ is the internet’s fastest growing online Insurance Company in the US. In the last few years, we’ve gone from 0 to $24B in coverage, 0 to 230 employees, 0 to $139MM in venture capital raised. Why is our product selling so fast? We have a data advantage. Health IQ spent 6+ years gathering the science and the proprietary data from our popular Health IQ test (taken 10.2 million times) to convince insurance carriers to give lower rates on life insurance for vegans, marathoners, triathletes, well-controlled diabetics, yogis, Crossfitters, and more. These special rates are exclusive to us saving consumers thousands of dollars each and rewarding them for living a healthy lifestyle.
Hyper-growth means hyper opportunity for employees! While many companies hire managers externally or use a tenure system, we pride ourselves on our cultural value of meritocracy. This means that as we grow and new positions are created, we look to promote our top performers from within. Today over 80% of our managers are promoted from internal roles.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!