Lead Product Owner, Clinical Trial Data and Analytics at Medidata Solutions
LEAD PRODUCT OWNER, CLINICAL TRIAL DATA AND ANALYTICS
- Technology & Analytics
- Remote, United States
- San Francisco, California
Position at Medidata Solutions
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world’s most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers.
Medidata is the leader in developing the technologies that allow our customers to get the medicines to patients faster. Building on our long history of delivering world-class clinical applications to the life sciences industry, Medidata’s Product Organization is staffed with a passionate team of product management experts, tackling the industry’s most difficult technical challenges in order to push the boundaries of possibility for our clients and most importantly, for patients. Together we can deliver meaningful advanced digital transformation to the industry in order to achieve our vision.
Medidata holds the keys to the largest clinical trial database in the world and we are looking for a Lead Product Owner who is fluent in the language of clinical data. We are looking for entrepreneurial Product Owners that are highly technical to help innovate on our Data, Reporting, and Analytics initiatives across the company and to our users.
- Actively engage with users and internal subject matter expertise to understand major pain-points that currently exist and provide solutions that will delight our users
- Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Apply your passion for frameworks and prowess to partner successfully with internal stakeholders to deliver new internal products
- Deliver vision and requirement documents with prioritized features and corresponding justification.
- Scope, prioritize, and coordinate activities with development teams.
- Present Medidata Reporting, Analytics, and Dashboarding product capabilities, vision, value propositions, and roadmaps to customers, prospects, and sales teams
- Further your thought-leadership expertise in Data Visualization, Analytics, Reporting, and Data Analysis
- 7+ years with BS or 6+ years with MS in product management roles where you worked or owned an analytics, reporting, or data visualization tool
- 3+ years with hands on experience data modeling, mapping, or business intelligence dashboards and reports as an engineer or delivering products to engineers
- Life Sciences experience necessary
- Technical/software development experience a plus
- SQL fluency
- Fluency in at least two of the following tools: Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, SAP BO4, SAP Analytics Cloud, Spotfire, AWS QuickSight, SAS
- Travel and location requirements:
- This role could be based in New York, San Francisco or Remote
- Minimal travel required
Your Education & Experience:
- University degree in information systems, computer science, or other technically relevant areas
- Highly detail-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sufficient to present to internal stakeholders
- Sufficient to present to external customers
- Ability to interact with technical resources and effectively communicate technical information and processes to relevant stakeholders
- Ability to translate business needs to a technical team
- Critical thinking: Analysis and problem-solving skills to address core business problems; Ability to effectively evaluate a problem or situation from all angles to determine the most appropriate solution
- Results-driven, entrepreneurial, and action-oriented
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!