Lead Java Developer at RR Donnelley - RRD
Lead Java Developer
- Information Technology
- ID: 50696
RR Donnelley is a Fortune 500 company providing global print and digital solutions to more than 60,000 customers, spanning major industry verticals, in both public and private sectors. We are the leading provider and market leader continuing to improve our offerings through product innovation and developing a next generation platform for our InStore Marketing solution.
The Lead Java Developer is responsible for delivering elegant and thoughtful software solutions using Java technologies to meet complex business requirements.
- Building complex software systems to be successfully delivered to customers and stakeholders.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills ability to work with minimum guidance and communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively.
- Analyzes and participates in reviews of software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints. Develops or provides work estimates based on analysis of requirements.
- Communicates regularly with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy.
- Proven ability to share knowledge through mentoring, reviewing code, reviewing design docs, giving technical talks, teaching classes or as a consultant on projects.
- Applies generally accepted programming standards and techniques to assure efficient program logic and data manipulation.
- Participates in designing, coding, testing, debugging, configuring, and documenting operating systems and software.
- Works in multiple code bases to deliver end-to-end functionality as part of a Agile/SCRUM and Lean feature team.
- Develops and maintains automated software tests.
- Demonstrates mastery over their own applications running in production including: application performance, log files, monitoring and alarming, dependency (client & server) usage patterns, database and cache, configuration, debugging and profiling.
- Provides support to their team’s applications and demonstrates a sense of ownership for the systems-level production applications. Capable of aiding and triaging complex production incidents.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or role with 8+ years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- At least 6 years of Java experience with preference for Apache/Tomcat servers.
- Spring Framework (Spring MVC, Spring Web, Spring Security.)
- Have worked in a Linux Environment before and comfortable working on Linux and windows environments.
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented Design Principles.
- Design Patterns.
- Micro-service Architecture with emphasis on Spring Boot.
- Maven, GIT, Genkins, Continuous Integration, Continuous Development.
- Oracle SQL.
Nice to haves
- Exposure to Apache SOLR.
- Exposure to Caching Technologies ( EHCache, Gemfire etc. )
- Exposure to Selenium Test Framework.
- Must be able to demonstrate an excellent understanding of the information technology environment/infrastructure and be able to identify and resolve complex challenges associated with the work.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of the full range of customer information/data management systems and related processes and protocols.
- Requires excellent communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand.
- Able to explain programs policies and procedures in language that is understood by others.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!