Lead Human Resources Business Partner, Small and Medium-sized Business Sales at DoorDash
Lead HRBP, SMB Sales
- United States – Remote; San Francisco, CA
About the Team
At DoorDash, people are our most important asset. The HR Business Partner team works closely with leaders across our business to align people and strategy. Our HRBPs assess, coach and influence the business as we scale and evolve to enable our teams to accomplish amazing things.
About the Role
The Lead HR Business Partner will partner with leadership of our SMB Sales teams at DoorDash Inc. Working closely with our Centers of Excellence, this role will provide consultation and expertise to these teams in the areas of Organizational Design and Effectiveness; Workforce Planning; Performance Management; Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion; and Employee Relations. This role reports to the VP of Human Resources.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Coach business group leadership on people strategy, including team structure (organizational design), strategic hiring, performance management, compensation, recognition, and learning and development.
- Partner with senior business leadership to define, execute, and track progress against org-specific people strategy Objectives & Key Results (OKRs).
- Empower managers to build amazing teams.
- Assess employee development needs and recommend solutions.
- Lead business groups through DoorDash’s people programs (engagement surveys, performance reviews, compensation reviews, talent development, etc.).
- Partner with the Culture, Belonging, and People Growth team to effectively execute our diversity, equity, and inclusion strategy.
- Be a key contributor to re-imagining or up-leveling company-wide People Programs, such as the Performance Review process, Employee Voice Survey, and Manager Development training.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 8+ years of HR/People experience with 6+ years of experience as an HR Business Partner.
- You have experience working in a fast-paced, high-performance culture where the business is constantly evolving.
- You possess a strong knowledge of employment law.
- You have the ability to think critically and anticipate issues before they arise, and proactively suggest long-term solutions.
- You have excellent judgment and the ability to make sound decisions independently.
- You possess an exceptional ability to prioritize and manage time effectively – you naturally focus on the right things and can seamlessly move between projects & tasks, without losing sight of what’s important to do.
- You feel comfortable working with data and spreadsheets, and are able to turn data into insights.
- You’re an outstanding communicator with relationship-building skills. You know when to listen, as well as when to speak up.
- You have an owner mentality – you can’t remember the last time you said: “that’s not my problem”.
- You’re passionate about helping and empowering others.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash:
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
- We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
- We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.