Lead Hardware Engineer at Nebra
Location: London, United Kingdom; 100% Remote
Nebra is a fast-growing hardware and software company in the Maker/Hobbyist and Industry 4.0 space. The company is rapidly scaling up and is looking for a Lead Hardware Engineer to help manage our existing product portfolio and lead the development of our future products surrounding LoRa, 5G, and IoT.
We would like the successful candidate to become a highly integrated part of the company. Below are some of the roles and responsibilities that could feature as part of the day to day work. This list is not exhaustive and is primarily for guidance.
- Audit and improve existing hardware specs
- Optimize BOMs
- Create variants of existing hardware to ease supply chain issues
- Develop new hardware products (sensors, gateways etc)
- Manage engineers at the factory
- Develop test rigs etc for new products
- Optimize manufacturing workflow
- Experience with KiCad and preferably also with Altium Designer / Eagle
- Embedded firmware development
- Experience with hardware integration with embedded Linux systems (device tree, drivers etc)
- Sub-GHz RF experience (LoRa / Sigfox etc)
- Experience with single board computers such as Raspberry Pi, RockPi etc
- Experience with low energy, battery-powered devices
- Experience taking products through all stages of development – prototyping, manufacturing ramp-up etc for batch (1k to 10k units per annum) and mass manufacturing (100k+ units per annum)
- 5G experience
- Secure element / TPM 2.0 / hardware cryptography knowledge
- Experience of working with industrial designers for commercial/consumer products
- Experience with compliance testing (CE / FCC etc)
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!