Lead Full Stack Engineer at Stitch Fix
Title: Lead Full Stack Engineer
Location: Remote, USA
- At Stitch Fix, our goal is to help our customers look great and feel great about themselves by revolutionizing how people shop.
- In a time-starved world where shopping often feels overwhelming, our business connects customers to clothes they love.
- Whether it’s helping someone dress for success at a new job or taking the stress out of packing for a family vacation, we fix clients’ closets and they love us for it!
- We’ve built unique, innovative software for merchandising, warehouse and inventory management, remote styling, and logistics.
- We leverage vast amounts of client data to make decisions throughout the company. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our clients and a very successful business.
- We believe we are only scratching the surface of our opportunity, and we’re looking for incredible people to contribute!
Lead Full Stack Engineer
Remote, USA or San Francisco, CA
- Our team is made up of people from varied backgrounds, including engineers who built and scaled organizations like Google, Netflix, eBay, GitHub, and LivingSocial.
- We build modern software with modern techniques like TDD, continuous delivery, DevOps, and service-oriented architecture.
- Cross-functional partnerships are deeply meaningful to us and are how we’ve built up immense trust with the people running the business.
- We focus on high-value products that solve clearly identified problems but are designed in a sustainable way so that value continues to deliver in the long term.
- In fact, some of our proudest moments come from solving business problems without writing a line of code.
About the Role
- Stitchfix’s platform engineering team is looking for an experienced engineer to join our team to help propel the next generation of tooling and infrastructure forward for our evolving audience of engineers.
- We strive to enable our product development teams by building quality platform tooling, so they can focus on the most pressing product problems instead of fighting with infrastructure.
- We accomplish this by building infrastructure and tooling that enables teams to easily and safely make changes to their systems with autonomy.
- We’re motivated by our ability to help our engineering partners continue delivering value and providing an enjoyable experience for our consumers.
- You will work as a valuable member of the engineering team building and tuning key infrastructure supporting customer- and internal-facing systems across the company.
- You will spend your time helping guide solutions to problems that face us as we continue to grow and scale the business.
You’re excited about this opportunity because…
- You will have the opportunity to help guide, develop and continue to grow infrastructure and tooling that directly supports product development teams.
- You will have a significant impact on the technbical offerings at Stitch Fix by helping guide infrastructure and tooling development.
- We work collaboratively as a distributed team across the US, and we use GitHub, Slack, and Zoom extensively to collaborate.
- You will help us continue to develop new methods of collaborating with close partners across engineering and other teams.
We are excited about you because…
- You get excited about solving hard problems using a variety of technologies.
- You treasure helping your team members grow and learn.
- You believe in clear and honest communication.
- You believe that strong teams are built on trust.
- You clearly set and share your priorities with your team and partners.
- You understand and focus on what is right for your customer.
- You are passionate about building high-quality solutions, but know when to be pragmatic.
- You are flexible, dedicated to your craft and curious.
About the Technology
Technologies we rely on to pursue solutions to business problems include things like:
- GraphQL w/ Apollo Federation
- Ruby on Rails
While experience with any of these is a bonus, our primary focus is hiring an engineer with a passion for solving problems first and foremost.
You’ll love working at Stitch Fix because we…
- Are a successful, vibrant, fast-growing company
- Are a technologically and data-driven business.
- Are at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining shopping for the next generation.
- Are passionate about our clients and live/breathe the client experience.
- Get to be creative every day.
- Have a smart, experienced, and diverse leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas.
- Believe in autonomy & taking initiative.
- Full support for remote work and you get to visit our SF office every few months to connect with your peers and partners.
- Offer transparent, equitable, and competitive compensation based on your level to help eliminate bias in salaries, as well as equity and comprehensive health benefits.
- Are serious about our commitment to work-life balance, and have generous parental leave policies.