Lead Engineer – Client Onboarding at Stitch Fix
Title: Lead Engineer – Client Onboarding
- Location: Remote, USA
At Stitch Fix, our goal is to help our customers look great and feel great about themselves by revolutionizing how people shop. In a time-starved world where shopping often feels overwhelming, our business connects customers to clothes they love. Whether it’s helping someone dress for success at a new job or taking the stress out of packing for a family vacation, we fix clients’ closets and they love us for it!
We’ve built unique, innovative software for merchandising, warehouse and inventory management, remote styling, and logistics. We leverage vast amounts of client data to make decisions throughout the company. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our clients and a very successful business. We believe we are only scratching the surface of our opportunity, and we’re looking for incredible people to contribute!
Stitch Fix delivers a personalized styling and shopping experience for everyone, but first we need to learn about them! Our Client Onboarding team creates a personalized onboarding experience where prospective customers teach us about their unique style, building the trust and confidence they need to become our clients. There’s so much more we can do, and we’re investing in onboarding now to discover new and better ways to introduce our clients and Stitch Fix to each other.
The Client Onboarding team is hiring thoughtful, bright, empathetic, and self-aware software engineers to join our growing team. We build software both customer-facing & backend that empowers clients to express their unique style and preferences to Stitch Fix, powering our personalized recommendations. We’re motivated by our ability to allow clients to feel seen and confident that we understand their style. We are a distributed team that operates in an agile-inspired manner; collaborating across 4 time zones. With a strong focus on growth and personal development, Stitch Fix is the ideal place to develop your skills in an environment that is built on mutual trust and respect.
ABOUT THE ROLE YOU …
- Are enthusiastic about technology
- Have a client-focused mindset
- Are motivated by solving problems and finding creative solutions
- Are respectful, reliable, empathetic, and humble
- Thrive in collaborative teams with a shared goal
- Believe in autonomy, taking initiative, and operating with accountability
- Have roughly 4+ years of professional customer facing development experience.
- Invest in growing the skills of those around you.
- Are excited to partner with product and design to define scope, plan deliverables, and bring experiences to life
- Help teams understand when and how to leverage best practices
OUR TECHNOLOGY STACK…
- JS / TS / React / GraphQL
- Ruby / Rails
- Postgres / Redis / Kafka
OUR TEAM …
- Empowers clients to express their style to power our personalized recommendations
- Enjoys a balance between pair-programming with our direct teammates and working independently
- Operates in a remote-first environment, leveraging tools to bring us together
- Partners closely with product management, designers, and data engineers
- Delivers solutions that solve real business problems — that frequently (not always) involve writing code
- Collaborates with other engineering teams to build sensible software and systems
- Is responsible for the ongoing health and maintenance of the apps we build
- Reflects and iterates on our agile process to help us build better software
YOU’LL LOVE WORKING AT STITCH FIX BECAUSE WE…
- Are a group of bright, kind, and goal-oriented people
- Are a successful, fast-growing company
- Are a technologically and data-driven business
- Are at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining shopping for the next generation
- Are passionate about our clients and live/breathe the client experience
- Get to be creative every day
- Have a smart, experienced, and diverse leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
- Believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- Fully support remote work
- Offer transparent, equitable, and competitive compensation based on your level to help eliminate bias in salaries, as well as equity and comprehensive health benefits
- Are serious about our commitment to life-work balance, and have generous parental leave policies
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!