Lead Editor (Newsletter) at beehiiv
Lead Editor (Newsletter)
We are on a journey to help the next million creators, publishers, and companies scale and monetize their audiences. beehiiv is already home to thousands of the most popular newsletters in the world, and we’re only 18 months old! We hit $1M ARR in January of 2023, and just surpassed $5M ARR in September .
We get a lot of applications for our job postings… and we look at all of them. That said, if you are the best, and you can prove that you are the best, please apply.
We are looking for an all-star content creator who loves writing, conducting research and interviews, and being on camera. This is a highly dynamic role that will touch many parts of the business operations.
Ideally you will have:
- A deep passion for both the creator economy and the newsletter space
- A love for writing, editing, design, and content creation
- Innate ability to go extremely deep on topics via extensive and diverse research methods
- Comfortable on camera and experience interviewing others
- Habitually online and recent on popular trends and creators
- Meticulous attention to detail, can revise and edit your work reliably with little to no mistakes
- Self-starter who can launch new initiatives and improve things under their own direction
- High energy and high output
- Excellent communication skills
- Newsletter experience required
What you will be responsible for
- Write a weekly newsletter focusing on the specific techniques, tactics, and stories behind the most successful content creators in the world
- This will require extensive research, interviews, diligence, and editing
- You will be given a lot of creative freedom in determining the long-term vision for the newsletter
- Lead the social strategy for this media property and build a holistic strategy to grow and market the newsletter via video and audio assets across all social media platforms
- Experiment with a podcast component to extend the content ecosystem to be symbiotic and additive to the newsletter component
- Write monthly tentpole blog posts to further advance the growth and development of our blog efforts and content strategy there
- Lead initiatives to drive engagement with our content and elevate the stories and experiences of our users and others in the creator economy
We’re remote. We believe that your best work is done where you feel safe, comfortable, and supported.
Empathy, not ego. Empathy opens the door to problem solving. Our team is uniquely talented and we can solve any problem when we lead with empathy.
Bias towards action. Most decisions can be changed or altered, but progress cannot be created without action. It is almost always better to deliver something today over something that may be better tomorrow.
Complete transparency. You will have full access to business metrics about the company.
Owner-attitude. Ownership creates a sense of pride and accountability. It empowers someone to stand up for what is right, with a long-term outlook.
We’ll take care of you
- Competitive salary
- Stock Options
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) employer match
- Unlimited PTO (mandatory 10 days per year minimum)
- Annual IRL Retreats
- Unlimited book budget
- Two-month sabbatical every three years
- Wellness Day Off each month
- WFH Stipend
We’re empowering creators to create, monetize, and grow by building the most powerful and robust newsletter platform, built by newsletter people. And we’re only just getting started
beehiiv is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. beehiiv is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.