Lead Salesforce Developer, Salesforce.org
California – San Francisco
New York – Remote
Georgia – Remote
Washington D.C. – Remote
Washington – Remote
California – Remote
Illinois – Remote
Job Category: Products and Technology
Lead Member of Technical Staff, Salesforce.org
Everyone who wants to change the world should have the tools and technology to do so. Technology is the most powerful equalizer of our time, providing access to data, knowledge, and—above all—connections. Salesforce.org gets our technology in the hands of nonprofits and educators so they can connect with others and do more good. As a social enterprise, the more missions our technology supports, the more we invest back into technology and communities, creating an endless circle of good.
If working every day to support this vision sounds like something you’d be interested in doing, then we’d like to talk to you!
We are looking for a talented, self-directed Lead Member of Technical Staff to build upcoming products at Salesforce.org. This is a unique opportunity to have impact with thousands of educational and nonprofit institutions around the world. The team is one where self-directed individuals thrive, and one where your vision for increasing the impact and value of education and philanthropy can be realized.
The Lead Member of Technical Staff will be a key member of Salesforce.org’s technical leadership team. In addition to leading technical initiatives, this role will be responsible for interfacing and aligning on overall technical strategy within the education and nonprofit space.
The ideal candidate for this role enjoys building applications on the Salesforce Lightning platform from scratch. Additionally they thrive in an environment that is highly collaborative in nature across multiple product functions, including product management, quality engineering and documentation. Ideally, candidates in this role are expected to have expert level knowledge of the Salesforce platform and are abreast of the newest technologies supplied by Salesforce itself.
The Lead Member of Technical Staff will report to a director or manager within the Product Delivery organization. This opportunity is remote-friendly for candidates within North America.
- Taking impactful features from idea to implementation
- Working with stakeholders to help refine requirements and develop to those requirements
- Building and improving Salesforce Lightning Platform implementations and various other systems
- Providing technical leadership to a small but growing engineering team
- Own and drive agile practices within scrum team
- B.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven leadership, prioritization, and analytical skills
- Proven ability to design and optimize technical systems in support of organizational process
- 5+ years’ or more experience with Apex, Visualforce, and the salesforce.com APIs. Lightning experience a plus
- Significant experience in practicing and leading agile methodologies, including scrum and continuous integration environments
- Experience leading technical requirements gathering and building solutions from those requirements
- Work with product management to size, scope and define technical requirements and help transform them into actionable work for the engineering team
- Ability to actively contribute from day one in a fast paced and evolving environment
- Significant experience with web application development
- A deep understanding of multiple environments, design patterns and languages,
- Good understanding of Database technologies such as SQL, PL/SQL and relational database schema design
- Comfortability with a variety of development tooling, including Force.com IDE or Illuminated Cloud, Ant migration tool, and others
- Technical writing and documentation experience a plus