Title: Lead Developer – Content Systems – Remote
Location: Austin, United States
[A] seeks a lead developer that has a mix of business and technology savvy, able to address a broad array of challenges across teams within a growing, fully distributed, services firm.
In order to deliver intelligent content and content technology solutions to enterprise clients, [A] works with a mixture of technology environments. [A] innovates at the leading edge of content technology and offers development services including research, analysis, design, implementation, integration and content management services. Everything [A] does focuses on authoring, managing, and publishing content in various forms across many sources and many channels. So, the work centers around content technology and knowledge management solutions.
We have an outstanding team of distributed developers forming circles around various initiatives and projects including working on content technology platforms including Sitecore, Kentico, Nuxeo, Adobe AEM, SDL, Ingeniux, various CMS, WCMS, CCMS, ECM, DAM platforms, and others.
[A] aims to find a passionate, experienced, hands-on developer that can lead the software development practice and strategy across those teams so that they achieve planned objectives and integrate the work into the overall business strategy of [A].
This is a distributed role that can be done from anywhere within two time zones of CST.
What You’ll Be Doing
This technology leader will lead development practice and strategy. This person will lead the evolution of our development teams as we exponentially grow our distributed company. The business supports highly confidential and regulated environments, and so security management will also play a role. Activities will include:
- Design and develop powerful solutions for highly complex enterprise organizations
- Code reviews
- Project estimation and planning
- Team resource management
- Sales support as a subject matter expert on technical issues
- Software business development
- Software market strategy
- Account growth
- Lead our talented team of remote developers (located in both North and South America)
- Team engagement and performance management
- Team training and development, as necessary
You May Be A Good Match If You Have
- Experience supporting complex enterprise accounts
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- You have proven yourself to be a hands-on contributor who can think creatively.
- A passion for driving a plan for a high-growth environment.
- Experience setting ‘go to market’ / ‘go to client’ plans.
- Experience with web APIs and web services
- Experience with Agile or other management methodologies.
- Project management and Team leadership experience.
- 10+ years system architecture, design, implementation, management and support experience.
- Experienced in .NET development tools and technologies
- Experienced in SQL/NoSQL databases.
- Good knowledge of modern data science technologies.
- Good knowledge of cross-platforms.
- Good knowledge in ERPs/CRMs.
- Experience with Enterprise CMS, CCMS, and CEM platforms
- Exposure to Knowledge Management and Business Intelligence
- In-depth knowledge of IIS, Windows Servers.
- Strong knowledge of modern front-end technologies.
- Azure services configuration and management
- DevOps experience
- Strong knowledge in microservices architecture.
- Proven hands-on contributor who can think outside the box.
- General comfort with working within non-Windows interfaces (notably macOS, iOS, and Android environments)
- A strong appetite for learning new technology, trends, and how those can position our company to compete
Cultural Fit at [A]
- You love learning, you love teaching.
- You are constantly growing your own knowledge, and helping to grow the knowledge of others.
- You enjoy wearing multiple hats and roles, and titles are not important to you.
- You do top-quality work, manage quality, and make everything you touch better.
- You are comfortable working under strict confidentiality agreements and often behind-the-scenes.
- You are self-organized and manage time and resources well.
- You are able to not only work alone, but also communicate within a team by sending updates, tracking time, and other forms of communication while you work.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Certified CMS platform development experience is a plus
- Formal development training, especially .NET, is a plus
What is [A]?
[A] is the Content Intelligence Service, and we work with clients to create a Content Intelligence System. The Content Intelligence System is a holistic set of people, processes, and tools that maximize content-ROI by ensuring content is coherent, self-aware, and quantum. By creating a Content Intelligence System, we increase the effectiveness and ROI of the content assets while reducing overall costs. [A] works holistically to build all aspects of a content intelligence system in partnership with clients and agencies. This includes not just the technology architecture and implementation, but enabling companies with the organizational muscles to drive content intelligence.
[A] Team Benefits
Being an [A]gent comes with its benefits. Work from anywhere. Advance your career on the leading-edge of the content and technology sciences. Earn a competitive salary, and for longtime [A]gents, participation in a profit-sharing plan. But many [A]gents find the best part of working as an [A]gent are the other [A]gents you work with and the culture at [A].
We take care of each other and we honor each other’s work and contributions to the team. We work to make ourselves better and our [A] team better. We make efforts to adapt new technologies and methodologies that can help us optimize our time, and we expect you to collaborate on these efforts if you re an expert on any of those fields. We communicate and reach out to other [A] players. We love learning. We love teaching. We write. We code. We support each other. For the right people, working at [A] feels like coming home.
What s Your Name, [A]gain?
Our name is easy. Just say A. The [A] brackets represent markup, microdata, content intelligence. The letter [A] represents the start, initiation, beginning of change. We are going to help change the world with intelligent content.
Learn more about [A] at simplea.com.
If this sounds like you, then write up a cover letter letting [A] know why you want to work at [A], what you do best, and what inspires you. Smarts are more important than degrees. We look for a record of constant learning, curiosity, leadership, and accomplishment.
A great cover letter will say much more than the resume (though we’d like to see that too).