Lead Data Scientist at Humana
Lead Data Scientist
The Lead Data Scientist uses mathematics, statistics, modeling, business analysis, and technology to transform high volumes of complex data into advanced analytic solutions. The Lead Data Scientist works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
Humana’s Clinical Trend and Analytics Team is seeking a Lead Data Scientist.
The Clinical Trend and Analytics team uses advanced scientific techniques, forecasting, and machine learning to predict financial and clinical outcomes in order to guide investments that improve health outcomes and reduce costs. In this exciting start-up environment, you’ll have the opportunity to develop data science processes from the ground up and work directly with decision-making executives to shape the future of Humana’s most important strategic initiatives.
We think big and relentlessly innovate to redefine the future of healthcare with data science.
As the Lead Data Scientist, you will collaborate with analytic and data teams to set objectives, approaches, and work plans. You will research, build, and evaluate new analytical methodologies, approaches, and solutions. Develop and validate machine learning models and tools. Interpret and communicate analytic results to analytical and non-analytical business partners and executive decision makers. Influence departmental strategy. Make decisions on complex issues regarding technical approaches for project components, and work autonomously. You will exercise considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Influence organizational strategy by championing innovative ideas with analytical teams, business partners, and clinicians. You are recognized as a leader who helps drive results for both the Analytics organization as well as our business partners.
- Develop machine learning, AI, and time-series forecasting solutions to support our key business partners within Humana’s Enterprise Clinical Management organization to find opportunities to improve health outcomes and lower healthcare costs
- Gain trust and respect by validating and explaining your results, taking ownership of the end-to-end process.
- The solutions you develop provide measurable value to our key business partners in the form of accurate estimates, rapid detection of anomalies, and customer satisfaction.
- Master’s Degree in a quantitative discipline, such as Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics and/or related analytical field
- 4+ years of professional experience leveraging large sets of structured and unstructured data to develop tactical and strategic insight
- Experience developing and validating machine learning models and tools
- Strong programming skills in Python and/or PySpark and libraries such as Scikit-Learn, Tensorflow, Keras and Spark ML
- Experience interpreting and communicating analytic results to analytical and non-analytical business partners and executive decision makers
- Experience leading large data science projects; guiding the approach and technical solutions
- Clear oral and written communication skills
- Flexible, dynamic personality who is able to work independently
- Ph. D degree in a quantitative discipline, such as Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics and/or related analytical field
- Healthcare or managed care experience
- Experience building large-scale forecasting systems
- Experience with clinical claims Episode Treatment Groupers
- Experience with cloud-based ecosystems (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Experience working in Agile environments
Healthcare is rapidly changing, and our members are living longer, often with more chronic conditions. Consumers expect more personalized and holistic experiences from their health partners. Humana’s Enterprise Clinical Operating Model (ECOM), is a multi-year strategy with the goal of improving member experiences and health outcomes through better integrating Humana’s processes, technology and clinical capabilities. The person occupying this role will be instrumental in executing on the vision of ECOM in partnership with leaders and teams across Humana. Ideally, this position would be located in Louisville, KY. However, we will consider other Humana locations or telecommute for the right candidate.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!