Lead Data Scientist at InVision
Lead Data Scientist
InVision is the leading product design and development platform for teams building world-class digital products. It’s every company’s imperative to continuously innovate and improve on their customer experience: InVision’s platform, education, and community enable creative collaboration across teams and geographies for improved speed-to-market and powerful business results.
More than 7 million people across global enterprises and small teams come to us when they are looking for digital transformation. That process doesn’t start and end in any design tool: it encompasses ideation, conversation, visual collaboration and so much more. Teams use InVision to create, prototype and test new ideas; develop repeatable and streamlined processes in design, product and engineering; and improve workflows to move more efficiently from inspiration to production and drive innovation. The InVision platform allows teams to collaborate throughout the process with every stakeholder, giving individuals the visibility and know-how they require. Customers include 100 percent of the Fortune 100 and organizations including American Express, Adidas, Boeing, Ford Motor, Netflix, HBO, Ikea, Slack and Virgin Atlantic.
Our team is in search of a Lead Data Scientist to help us change the way digital products are designed.
About the Team:
You will be joining our Data Science team and have the chance to make a large impact at InVision. Our Data Science team is part of a broader, cross-functional Insights team, combining qualitative and quantitative research to answer questions holistically. As a member of this team you’ll collaborate closely with user researchers to deliver a mixed-methods portfolio of insights to better understand our customers and shape our product strategy.
You will support our very data-driven Product team to identify key metrics, conduct rigorous analyses, and deliver novel insights to empower decision-making. You will be a trusted partner in the team tackling the toughest and most impactful analytical problems.
What you’ll do:
- Act as a critical thought partner & collaborate closely with senior leadership across Product, Engineering, and Design
- Collaborate in mixed-methods research to understand user engagement
- Support company OKRs and roadmap by identifying opportunities & quantifying impact of product launches through in-depth quantitative analysis
- Define and monitor key metrics; create the tools we need quantify the success of the product
- Guide product iteration with experiments
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of hands-on data experience
- A passion for and track record of leveraging data for business impact
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex problems into meaningful and interpretable insights
- Expert fluency in SQL-based data manipulation
- Fluency in scripting languages such as Python/R
- Experience with basic statistical models and experimentation techniques
- BA/BS or Master’s in statistics or other quantitative field preferred
Nice to have:
- Previous experience with a SaaS or design-forward software company
- Experience with predictive models and more advanced statistical techniques
- Experience with data modelling, design of ETL flows, and other components of analytics engineering
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements.