Lead Backend Engineer at FingerprintJS
Title – Lead Backend Engineer
FingerprintJS empowers developers to stop online fraud at the source. We work on turning radical new ideas in the fraud detection space into reality. Our products are developer-focused and our clients range from solo developers to publicly traded companies. Some of our customers include: Coinbase, Booking.com, Yahoo, and eBay just to name a few.
We are a globally dispersed, 100% remote company with a strong open-source focus. Our flagship open source project is FingerprintJS (15.2K stars on GitHub).
We have raised $44M and are backed by Craft Ventures (previously invested in Tesla, Facebook, Airbnb), Nexus VP (previously invested in Postman, Hasura) and Uncorrelated Ventures (previously invested in Redis, Rollbar & Gradle).
We’re looking for an experienced backend engineer to help us build a high accuracy online fraud prevention service. Someone who has experience building fast systems and APIs.
What we’re looking for:
- Proven experience of API architecture and implementation.
- Good understanding of networking protocols.
- Experience building scalable infrastructure.
- Good understanding of relational and NoSQL databases.
- Excellent understanding of Internet security & privacy mechanisms.
- Cloud experience.
Ideally we would love to have someone who also has:
- Historical record of open-source contributions.
- Security / Cryptography background.
Don’t be afraid to apply even if you’re missing a few bullet points in there!
- Golang and NodeJS
- AWS (Lambda, Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, DynamoDB).
What we offer:
- 100% remote position (you should be in UTC-8 to UTC+4)
- Small team, lean hierarchy and no politics.
- Budget for learning. We want you to grow with us, so we offer a $600 yearly budget that you can spend to learn new stuff (books, conferences, subscriptions, etc.).
- Freedom to grow and experiment. Work on open-source projects and try new things and ideas.
- Ability to influence and quickly grow within the company.
- Stock options
Offers vary depending on, but not limited to, relevant experience, education, certifications/licenses, skills, training, and market conditions.