Lead Accounting Associate at Avtex
Lead Accounting Associate
- Administration & Finance – Accounting & Finance
- Full time
The Lead Accounting Associate is responsible for customer invoicing, customer credits, documentation of processes and procedures and training of teammates. Additional responsibilities include contract preparation, working in customer 3rd party vendor systems, integration of newly acquired customers/projects and other administrative responsibilities. The Lead will be responsible for the training of new employees to ensure they can handle their daily duties as well as being a first point of contact for those employees when assistance is needed. Leads will be responsible for addressing more complicated or advanced processes regarding customer invoicing and internal/external customer requests.
- Sets up contract information within the accounting database and archives this information in various locations for the use by others, both internally and externally, as appropriate. Responds and assists others with general contract terms and condition language inquiries regarding invoicing, expenses, etc.
- Creates and issues client invoices based on contract terms. Respond to client inquiries regarding invoices received. Works on the more complicated customer issues and correcting them.
- Ability to set up customer sales and use tax details in Great Plains.
- Trains new employees in Accounting Associate roles. Is the go-to for new employees on processes and procedures of daily tasks.
- Prepares and/or reviews process and procedural documentation for accuracy and to ensure most current.
- Prepares and runs accounting reports and conducts monthly account reconciliations.
- Performs a variety of administrative functions to include providing company phone support assistance and other projects as needed.
- Minimum of Associate Degree in Accounting or Business required
- 3+ years of experience in accounting to include customer invoicing and credits, sales tax submissions.
- Prior experience working with Great Plains software to include project accounting and contract modules.
- Demonstrated detail orientation with ability to produce accurate work product.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to develop solutions and detect errors.
- Demonstrated ability to enter data using keyboarding and 10-key skills.
- Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft office (Excel, Outlook and Word), Great Plains, Open Air.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to work with competing deadlines.
- Ability to learn and train team mates on multiple accounting duties and 3rd party vendor systems.
- Ability to be flexible when confronted with shifting priorities.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Commitment to safeguarding both Avtex and client data, per established policies and procedures.
Working at Avtex
At Avtex, we’ve worked hard to create a culture that promotes teamwork, creativity and an effective balance between work and the life outside of it. We are committed to attracting the best and brightest, retaining the best and brightest and building an enviable culture. In short, we want our employee experience to inspire people.
Do you want to be inspired in your workplace? We’re always looking for talented people to join our team in offices based in Bloomington, MN (our headquarters); Chicago, IL; Detroit, MI; Irvine, CA; Washington, DC or remotely from across the US.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!