Lab Manager at Tanium
at Tanium (View all jobs)
Remote – US
The Lab Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Tanium LMS including the management of internal and external data and content, contributing to ongoing system improvements, coordinating resolution of system issues, generating reports, and assisting learners with troubleshooting.
Working in alignment with Technical Enablement management, this individual will also act as a consultant to other Tanium organizations to provide best practices and guidance for appropriate planning, setup, configuration and implementation of content within the LMS. He/She should ideally have a thorough understanding of learning platforms and expect to become an expert to troubleshoot any technical difficulties.
The Lab Manager will actively participate in the design, development, testing, and overall support of future LMS feature enhancements, integrations and upgrades. The ideal candidate can quickly and efficiently locate information, solve problems or roadblocks, and swiftly determine solutions.
This person is responsible for both the ongoing usage, monitoring and maintenance of the Tanium-hosted lab infrastructure tool. Working closely with Technical Enablement team members and others, this person will help in the ongoing design and implementation of the global labs platform to support all lab uses including customer, partner and employee classes, hiring panels, employee validation labs, certifications, user conferences and more.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with stakeholders to maintain and support training content (SCORM files, PDFs, videos), curricula, courses, enrollments and notifications in the LMS.
- Manage access controls to the LMS including account provisioning, user groups, and user permissions
- Monitor activity and administrator level access and features including custom fields, rules, etc
- Support other teams with questions relating to the Learning Management System
- Support all audiences in accessing the LMS, launching courses, completing assignments, troubleshooting and resolving issues
- Regularly compile, review and process course enrollment data as requested including creating new reports
- Process new requests for hosting courses and content in the LMS including setting up new courses and content, defining availability and other related settings
- Work closely with the Partner Enablement organization to ensure proper integration between the LMS, partner portal and other platforms
- Work closely with the Technical Enablement team, Technical Account Managers, and other stakeholders to create, track and manage virtual IT training templates made available within Tanium’s hosted lab system.
- Provide virtual training lab access within Tanium’s hosted lab system to internal and external training attendees and trainers.
- Manage ongoing access and user accounts.
- Create and monitor training lab classes for all audiences in support of weekly training needs.
- Process and evaluate incoming requests for new lab templates.
- Continually monitor the hosted lab system to insure efficient and effect usage leading to cost savings.
- Actively monitor current costs and provide future estimates.
- Serve as the representative between Tanium and hosted lab infrastructure vendor.
- Work with stakeholders to help create, oversee and monitor hosted labs for Tanium user conferences.
- Actively monitor and track the security needs of the hosted labs to ensure proper hygiene with OS updates, passwords and more.
- Perform other duties, as assigned
We’re Looking for Someone With:
- Familiarity with VMware tools, Fusion or other virtual labs tools is preferred.
- Strong familiarity with AWS, Azure and other hosted virtual cloud platforms are a plus.
- Must be a detail-oriented individual with strong organizational and multitasking skills.
At Tanium, we empower the world’s largest organizations to manage and protect their mission-critical networks. There’s a reason why 6 of the top 10 retailers, 12 of the top 15 US banks, and 4 of the US Armed Forces use Tanium. We provide lightning-fast capabilities at their fingertips to see everything and do anything across their computer networks with unparalleled scale.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!