Kernel Hacker (Senior Software Engineer)
Remote, United States
Your job will be to find unique stealth techniques to hunt and detect advanced threats across a variety of operating systems and architectures with a focus on enabling our kernel capabilities on macOS. You will be working with former intelligence community and seasoned security industry engineers with extensive low-level software development expertise including the author of Rootkits: Subverting the Windows Kernel.
We are looking for an experienced macOS, Windows, and/or Linux kernel hacker to join our endpoint development team. MacOS kernel expertise is a must.
- C/C++, Python, x86/x64 assembly
- lldb, gdb, Windbg
- macOS, Windows, and/or Linux kernel development and user space, system level APIs
- git, Jenkins
- Design and develop robust macOS kernel and user code that collects data with minimal impact on system performance.
- Write, code review, and unit test cross platform code in a multi-threaded application.
- Work with our platform team to rapidly integrate new features end-to-end.
- Communicate and document new features with team members and quality assurance engineers.
- Participate in agile planning and scope estimation.
Skills and Requirements:
- Live, breathe, and eat operating system kernels and system level APIs
- 10+ years software engineering experience in C/C++ and Python
- Experience debugging with lldb, gdb,WinDbg, OllyDbg, or Immunity Debugger
- Networking socket programming and protocol analysis
- Cross platform, system level development
Endgame’s endpoint protection platform brings certainty to security with the most powerful scope of protections and simplest user experience, ensuring analysts of any skill level can stop targeted attacks before information theft. Endgame unifies prevention, detection, and threat hunting to stop known and unknown attacker behaviors at scale with a single agent.
At Endgame, people are everything. Our team operates at the cutting edge of technology, building products that protect enterprises against the most committed cyber adversaries.
Our team boasts some of the industry’s brightest and most sought after minds in this field. We are passionate about what we do. We take our business seriously, but our environment is fun, energetic and highly collaborative. We understand that to build a great product, you need great people. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team of talented individuals who are out to shape the future of cyber security.
Endgame is unable to sponsor H1-B or other visas at this time.