Junior Services Project Manager
- Full time
Ciena may well be the most important technology company you’ve never heard of. The innovations that wow us (driverless cars), and those we now take for granted (the ability to mobile-stream your favorite show) are the products of ingenuity from some brilliant and forward-thinking companies. But those companies rely on Ciena, another vanguard of innovation, to create and advance the underlying networks that bring their breakthroughs to our doorsteps. VR, AI, IOT, 5G … literally none of it would be possible without the mind-boggling technology that makes the internet itself work. For more than 25 years, Ciena has been the global leader in networking strategy, and our technology has been part of the critical infrastructure running within the most advanced companies in the world.
What will you do at Ciena?
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Service or Sr. Service Project Managers in providing overall management for implementation of medium to large size E,F&I projects, with medium/high complexity, within a Customer network.
- Primary responsibility of Junior Service Project Managers is to work with more senior Service Project Manager and assist with all aspects of project management in order to become fully proficient in core competencies such as resource management, project planning, managing project financials and managing project execution
- Collect all relevant project information required to scope and budget project deliverables
- Coordinate all required project resources and well as providing support to manage those resources during execution
- Coordination of of required project deliverables to customer
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountable for Services (E, F & I) Project Financials, Timelines and Quality
- Validate Project “Scope of Work” against Sales Order to Develop detailed project plan
- Provide Project SOW Package to Functional teams to facilitate Internal Resource Planning and/or Partner RFQ’s
- Make certain that deviations to the project schedule are investigated and properly followed up
- Works closely with Engineering, Resource Management and Partners on project implementation within the E, F & I Services Organization
- Partners directly with internal and external customers to translate requirements into structured and executable tasks and milestones
- Facilitate communication between internal groups, internal functions, and outside suppliers/customers as necessary in support of the project execution
- Document and communicate project status, obstacles, risk assessments and resolutions
- Accountable for developing and coordinating carefully designed and approved action plans to successfully complete E,F & I projects
- Assure all parties maintain close communication and coordination regarding project status and milestones
- Maintain project schedules and report to Management regularly or as agreed
- Participate in, or lead, process improvement initiatives as assigned
- Provides input to department budgets as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (business management, project management or engineering) from a college or university
- Some experience in field operations or supply-chain operations
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Customer Focused – Takes personal responsibility, demonstrates responsiveness and corrects issues promptly.
- Critical Thinking / Analysis- Understand Basic relationships and sees straightforward linkages.
- Judgment – Evaluates situations objectively and makes straight forward decisions.
- Decisiveness – Delivers routine decisions
- Organizational Awareness – Understands formal and informal structure of the organization
- Outstanding planning, scheduling, and coordination skills
- Superior Communication, Organization and Leadership Skills.
- Is self motivated and can work from high level departmental goals
- A team player that will work well in a cross functional team environment
- Must have proficiency with various software applications including Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Rewarding experience. Meaningful outcomes.
Making a difference in people’s lives through design and implementation of leading network technologies. That’s what motivates us.
A distinct way to work
Free thinking, free discussion, and collaboration are the norm. Expect more satisfying outcomes – both personal and professional.
Ciena values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender or age.
Ciena is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise Ciena in a timely fashion of the specific needs / accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to any specific needs / accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
What you can expect from us
- You will receive notification of your successful application
- Successful applicants will be contacted by Talent Acquisition for an initial discussion
- If suitable you will be considered for the short list and our formal interview process