Junior Project Manager at Top Hat
Junior Project Manager
- REMOTE (US)
- CONTENT – CONTENT
Are you passionate about pedagogy? Are you looking to impact the learning experience of thousands of students? In this role, you are responsible for planning, executing and managing our Fountainhead Press digital textbook projects. You will work with a community of professors who are using our innovative, interactive textbooks to make sure that they are happy and that our texts are the best they can be.
At Top Hat, we are changing the way that educational content is authored, shared and evolved. Want to help us make textbooks as we know them a thing of the past?
- Educate, guide, and support authors through the production process from concept to completion
- Establish and manage project schedules and timelines
- Manage freelance copy editors/proofreaders/fact checkers as needed
- Optimize content for delivery through multiple digital platforms, creating interactive learning solutions that provide students and instructors with real-time feedback
- Create and upload all digital textbooks to various eBook platform partners
- Manage marketing and content strategy campaigns
- Communicate with the Sales team and PCEMs through phone calls, Zoom, and email regarding project status, final specs, and to ensure the project is on time
- Ingest new and existing content into digital platform and optimize based on expertise and customer needs
- Deliver group and individual trainings for instructors and administrators
- Maintain continuing relationships with authors and other external clients, identifying additional working opportunities
- On-schedule delivery of assigned projects
- Work within project budget guidelines
- Follow the American’s with Disabilities Act (ADA) Guidelines to create textbooks and delivering online materials.
- Someone with an undergraduate degree, Masters or PhD is highly desired. It would be an asset if your degree was in English Language, English Literature or Arts and Humanities
- Someone with previous project management experience, familiar with managing concurrent tasks or projects while keeping them on track
- Someone with knowledge of project management software, such as Smartsheet and Trello
- A strong oral and written communicator, copy editing or proofreading experience is an asset
- A quick and confident learner when it comes to new technologies, must have strong computer skills and proficient in MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- An efficient planner with superb time management skills
- Very organized and have a superior eye for detail – nothing gets by you
- Someone who loves and understands the education space (learning, teaching…you name it!)
- Someone who relishes a challenge and can problem-solve like a pro
- Someone who takes initiative and appreciates owning your work
- Highly adaptable – change doesn’t faze you!
- Someone with previous publishing industry experience is highly preferred
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!